April Slump-4/17 Afternoon

A little late but finally finished putting brush out for my pre-spawn crappie holes around Blacks Bridge. With the full moon coming up and warm temps, I figured I would cast some jigs to the bank and pick up some crappies. NOT! I can’t seem to catch crappie in April. Do fine on other months. Oh well, I’ll wait a few more weeks and start fishing my brush. Looks like the catfish are starting to move shallow as I did hook a big one that popped 6# test.

quote:
Originally posted by smoakin

A little late but finally finished putting brush out for my pre-spawn crappie holes around Blacks Bridge. With the full moon coming up and warm temps, I figured I would cast some jigs to the bank and pick up some crappies. NOT! I can’t seem to catch crappie in April. Do fine on other months. Oh well, I’ll wait a few more weeks and start fishing my brush. Looks like the catfish are starting to move shallow as I did hook a big one that popped 6# test.

If you are on FB, join a group called “Lake Murray Fishing”. Seems like quite a few crappie fisherman on there.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

Thank you sir.