Aqua Ox

Any one have experience with this whole house water filtration system? Does it really get the sulphur smell out of well water?

I’ve got a deep well in colleton county and taking a hot shower had a slight sulphur smell. I swapped from a bladder tank to a galvanized tank and had a “burper” (?) installed. The well guy said it introduced air every time the pump comes on. You can hear it gurgle every time it comes on. He said as long as the water hits air before you get it at the facet it takes away the sulfur smell. No matter how much water we use I have no sulfur smell. Couldn’t be happier

My inlaws water was terrible and he did the same thing. No more smell for him either

I’ve got the same thing on mine. No smell. Better than city water.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Better than city water.

No doubt. I can’t stomach “city” water any more. Was at a convention a few months ago and got up in the middle of the night with a terrible thirst and spinning head. took a big swig from the sink and almost lost it. That Chlorinated and Fluoride enriched water is disgusting. Not to mention I’m old school Fluoride paranoid.

Tried all kinds of solutions including the ones mentioned here. How about specific experience with Aquaox?

RE: Fred’s comment about fluoridation of water. I’m a dentist in Charleston and pay close attention to what the city does with our fluoride levels. In some areas of Charleston county, the natural water supply actually has higher fluoride content than the levels that city water is treated to. Just saying you should have your well water checked for natural fluoride levels if you are concerned. Bet it comes back at least 2ppm.

KeyWest15

quote:
Originally posted by KeyWest15

RE: Fred’s comment about fluoridation of water. I’m a dentist in Charleston and pay close attention to what the city does with our fluoride levels. In some areas of Charleston county, the natural water supply actually has higher fluoride content than the levels that city water is treated to. Just saying you should have your well water checked for natural fluoride levels if you are concerned. Bet it comes back at least 2ppm.

KeyWest15

Keywest the higher natural flourination comes from the really deep wells along the coast to get away from salt intrusion. We did have a company a few years ago check for a variety of things. All Okie Dokie.

I have had an AquaOx filter installed for about a year now and I can’t smell any kind of sulphur at all. City water was horrible for us. It’s so clean now and I feel great everytime that I get out of the shower. I got a newsletter telling me they are selling it now on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Whole-House-Water-Filter-Aquaox/dp/B015OYQKT6

CharlestonBoy