AR 10

I think might purchase might be an AR 10. Really for no particular reason. I’ve been looking at DPMS, Colt, and S&W. If you have an AR 10, what are your thoughts? Do you like your particular rifle? Piston or Direct Impingement?

If you have any experience here, your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Narcosis

I don’t have one, but I have built 2 AR15’s from PSA. They are starting to come out with their own AR10. I might look at building one next year. The biggest problem I have is they are not interchangeable because there is no mil-spec. So if you buy one particular brand, you have to buy parts for it that are from or for that same manufacturer.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I don’t have one, but I have shot a DPMS 308 and it is dang nice. Solid Shooter, but I’m really no gun nut/expert either. I know at a 100 yards my buddy was inside an inch. Not to mention that we had several AR15s around and the 308 put all of them to shame. There are plenty of deals to be had over the next month or so on Armslist.com. These people get rid of them when they realize Christmas is coming up.

Not sure if you are considering Sig Sauer, but check this Sig out:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3547491/south-carolina-rifles-for-sale--sig-716-precision-3-gun-heavy-rifle

This one comes with a Leupold green dot scope, but I’ve never shot this one.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3438150/columbia-south-carolina-rifles-for-sale--armalite-ar-10-a4-7-62-308-b-model-with-leupold-tactical-scope-3-9x40

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

I have the DPMS 308 that 23SF mentioned above. Setup on 300 yards. I’m about to turn it in to the Smith to do some tricks to get me in the 700 yard club. Absolute fun to shoot but as far as accuracy my Colts AR15s are right on par with to 150 yards… After that the 308 retaunsba tighter grouping. Of course, good ammo does make a difference, as well.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

I bought an Armalite ar-10 T .260 Rem just to have one and it lives in the safe. 2 stage trigger, under 1inch moa, 14 + pounds . Great shooter I just don’t shoot it. It could be a good tree stand gun except you have to load it at the truck.

Key West Stealth
150 V-max

PSA has a DPMS AR-10 on there website for $699.99 right now. Good gun. Great price.

“WVU… Beating conference champions since 2006.”