Are Racecar Drivers Athletes?

By the true definition the answer is… Wow, the suspense… Hold on for the RBF G’s…

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/athlete

Yes.

Perhaps, someone is wanting to redefine, “Athlete”.

Simple rule, if you do what you love and get a case of Athlete’s foot, you’re an athlete. Simple.

RBF

“So, let’s hoist them high, and drink 'm dry, because sure as hell we’re gonna die.”

Driving is easy, driving fast is hard, driving a car a 9/10ths or 10/10ths of it’s capability is a physical and mental feat not many have the prowess to perform.

I can push one of my cars to about 7/10ths on a really good day and still be in control.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/16-awesome-gifs-of-rally-cars-getting-some-serious-air/

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

I think it’s safe to say that NASCAR drivers are probably the most unathletic of the racing sport drivers. NASCAR requires very little gear changing, wide turns, and you can just rest your head on a pad to compensate for the G forces. That’s why Tony Stewart’s fat ass is competetive. Open wheel and rally on the other hand…different story.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

I think it’s safe to say that NASCAR drivers are probably the most unathletic of the racing sport drivers. NASCAR requires very little gear changing, wide turns, and you can just rest your head on a pad to compensate for the G forces. That’s why Tony Stewart’s fat ass is competetive. Open wheel and rally on the other hand…different story.

So why was tony Stewart competitive in open wheel formats like Indy, Midgets and Late Models(not open wheel but I would think much more physically demanding sliding around then circling taladega)

Btw I completely agree with what you said Daniel and just felt like being a smart @ss.

quote:

You ever met Tony? He’s not bad at side by side enduro racing either. I’d say he’d put a wooping on the majority on this site. He actually has a pretty rigorous work out program, and one HELL# of a Shop.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Edisto82
quote:

So why was tony Stewart competitive in open wheel formats like Indy, Midgets and Late Models(not open wheel but I would think much more physically demanding sliding around then circling taladega)

Btw I completely agree with what you said Daniel and just felt like being a smart @ss.

He probably ate less back then :face_with_head_bandage: Seriously when you have like 3 or 4 chins, i think you lose “athlete” status.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

You ever met Tony? He’s not bad at side by side enduro racing either. I’d say he’d put a wooping on the majority on this site. He actually has a pretty rigorous work out program, and one HELL# of a Shop.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Man I’d hope so. If I beat him on a go-kart track at Franky’s Fun Park and I had the fast go-kart, I’d be very surprised. Professional and athlete are two different things imho.