ARE THEY STILL???

Stopped by the local burger joint and wanted a bite of something for
b-fast… Wife wants bacon,e&c , i want double sausage,e&c …
One other person in store , so their not covered up busy… Get home
wife has sausage melted to 1 strip of bacon,“she won’t eat sausage” ,I get single sausage e&c !!!
Are they still trying to get $15.00 hr:question:… Yea right!!!

Fast food workers most don’t care and have a 6th grade education and they are not worth mim. wage. Glad I’m retired and don’t have to hire help any more, thank God for Mexicans!

Word of advice, go to Chik-Fil-A next time.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Had the mgr. of Ingles tell me that last week! He said he lost all his good teenage help to them when they opened.

I laugh when see a hamburger on TV. They look so good and perfect but when you actually get one, it looks like it was assembled by drunk monkeys and then sat on by an elephant.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Up here in Union our McDonald’s has been closed several days over the last few weeks due to “no staff”. No CFA in town here. Just a bunch of lazy kids. And I get put in the same category being 21 but I have a college degree already and work 50 plus hours in a boiler house every week. I see it more and more of these lazy kids who feel entitled and don’t care about a job and just want a paycheck

Sea Pro sv2100/ Yamaha 150

quote:
Originally posted by upstateyakker

Up here in Union our McDonald’s has been closed several days over the last few weeks due to “no staff”. No CFA in town here. Just a bunch of lazy kids. And I get put in the same category being 21 but I have a college degree already and work 50 plus hours in a boiler house every week. I see it more and more of these lazy kids who feel entitled and don’t care about a job and just want a paycheck

Exactly!!!!!!!

In all honesty, I know it will impact a few low paying jobs, and some of those folks are actually single moms trying to raise kids, but I would perfectly happy to see just about all fast foods joints go out of business and about half of the department store chains that litter the landscape now. We as a society should get back to actually doing stuff and not consuming so much crappy food and shopping as experiences, and actually start having experiences. Putt putt courses, bowling alleys, social hangouts where you actually talk to a person and maybe play a game of volleyball or darts in the yard, old school arcades.

Maybe I am just getting old.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

In all honesty, I know it will impact a few low paying jobs, and some of those folks are actually single moms trying to raise kids, but I would perfectly happy to see just about all fast foods joints go out of business and about half of the department store chains that litter the landscape now. We as a society should get back to actually doing stuff and not consuming so much crappy food and shopping as experiences, and actually start having experiences. Putt putt courses, bowling alleys, social hangouts where you actually talk to a person and maybe play a game of volleyball or darts in the yard, old school arcades.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Completely agree with this!

quote:
Originally posted by upstateyakker
quote:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Completely agree with this!

x3 here

“Working up the ladder” at Taco Bell/Hardees etc doesn’t seem to be an option, and you get paid the same $7/hr whether you are good or bad… not a lot of incentive there.

CFA being the exception - probably not a coincidence that you can get college tuition + health benefits + will help you open your own franchise for cheap if you are an employee there and do well.

Who woulda thunk that investing in good corporate atmosphere, closing at reasonable hours, making a quality product, offering benefits, and supporting workers, training them and giving them opportunities to expand could be so effective at improving customer experience, sales, decreasing turnover, and having better help? :smiley:

quote:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

In reality, if this $15/hr BS goes through, they’ll all get laid off and replaced by machines. I don’t need someone speaking incoherently through a crappy microphone to help me order a Number 1. Only the good ones will stay to operate everything, which hopefully are the single moms raising kids.