Armadillo????

Our backyard is completely fenced in and we have no pets yet we are finding small piles of poop every morning in the middle of the backyard. It does not look like cat and they usually cover theirs up. I could be a small dog but not sure how one would get in and back out. This morning we noticed several areas that had been “disturbed” around the yard. Leaves turned up like something had rooted around looking for food. There are armadillos here in the midlands, does this sound like one??

If so, what/how is the best way to get rid of it and if not, what else could it be?

do you have geese in the area?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Nope, no geese. I know goose poop, goose poop it ain’t.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Coon…as in Racoon :wink:

Is there anywhere around the perimeter where the armadillo could have burrowed in?

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Could be rabbits. But the armadillos will do the same thing and destroy the yard with burrowing looking for food. You can set a trap like for cats, coons etc… Try looking out side right before dark or very early in the morning to see what you are dealing with.

Double D.

Game camera

Simple, Pea Pod.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

We’re gonna need pictures of your crap.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I’d guess a possum. If it was an armadillo you’d have small rooted areas all over. Get some cheap canned cat food and bait a live trap.

I believe Dave is dropping off all the moles that surrendered. They were tired of dodging those 22 mole rounds and gave up quietly.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Not sure what it is, but a 20 gauge should work quite well.

:smiley:

ZX

I’m out of town so posted pics of crap will have to wait until I get back. Have not noticed any digging under the fence. Doesn’t look like rabbit poop. Never seen coons stir up leaves, etc… May have to post the kids out on the deck at night with a spotlight until I get home and put up a game camera.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?