ARS HVAC services -Good People!

Just wanted to let anyone know that if you have an HVAC issue give ARS a call. I got the recomendation about ARS from here and gave Billy (who is on this site) a call about a heating issue I was having. He sent Marshall (tech) out within 40min. and he diagnosed the issue to be my compressor which was toast and the unit was approx 10years old. The next day Dave (sales) called before 9am and gave me some pricing on new units, talked it over with the wife and we said go. We also had a quote from another company to replace the unit a few months back and ARS matched and beat their quote. By lunch they were at the house and finished by 5pm! Now we are warm and comfy.

Big thanks to Billy, Marshall and Dave over at ARS.

he’s helped many on here, me included. we happy

Could have replaced the compressor for $800 or less. 10 year old unit should have a good bit of life left in it.

Yep - good people, great work and reasonable prices.

Pioneer 197SF

Replacing the compressor was an option that we were given and that quote was less $800. It made more since for us to replace the unit.

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

Glad you are happy with their service, even better you shared your good experience. Most the time we in the Hvac business get a bad rap from a few HACKS, Seems people are so suspicious of getting taken advantage of, from trades and that is usually far from the truth. Hvac companies usually offer 24 hr service, we work in awful conditions (hot attic, damp crawl space) and work crazy hours in extreme weather. Nice to see their hard work be praised by a happy customer!

That is true for everyone in the service/ construction industry. Love hearing success stories. Billy is a good guy ( and his daughter can SING!!)

quote:
Originally posted by tjackson

Glad you are happy with their service, even better you shared your good experience. Most the time we in the Hvac business get a bad rap from a few HACKS, Seems people are so suspicious of getting taken advantage of, from trades and that is usually far from the truth. Hvac companies usually offer 24 hr service, we work in awful conditions (hot attic, damp crawl space) and work crazy hours in extreme weather. Nice to see their hard work be praised by a happy customer!

There are many fine companies in Charleston…but we too had ARS replace our whole unit and the duct work (because we wanted to and not because we were told we needed to)…and we have been so happy with the completed job and service provided by Billys crew.
I refer them to everyone we know looking for help in this as they really take pride in the work they do, and in Customer satisfaction.

Thanks Billy Strickland and ARS. :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

I would not send ARS my enemies way. The technician they sent was trying to scam my wife when I was not there. I called and complained and was given a full refund. Problem was my intake duct work fell apart. ARS tech did not even notice. Tried to say our compressor was bad. Luckily I looked in the attic and noticed the unit was sucking in 110 degree air. Simple fix that ARS did not even catch. Nothing wrong with our compressor. This was about 5 years ago. He was telling my wife we needed to replace the whole unit at a cost of $4000. The unit was 4 years old. They charged us $150 for service call and work performed , even though no work was performed? At least we were given a refund.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

I don’t get on here much at all anymore and am sorry I missed this. Thanks for all the kind words. My group always puts their best foot forward.

CooperRiverMan, I can assure you that you did not contact my department. While we are the same company the Construction Division has totally different people, management and mindset. I’m sorry you had a bad experience with that group but again I know for a fact it wasn’t my guys.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Billy

the kind words were said because they were well deserved!!!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16