Ashley River Cleanup 2015 (Pics Added)

good on all you volunteers…great job!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Am I the only one that’s a little freaked out by the babydoll picture?

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

If Sophish is cooking y’all better bring some hammocks for after lunch next time. I saw the cooker at the oyster roast this year and she is not playing around. This is a great job by all I hope we are able to attend next year. It would be great to have this get larger and larger each year.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I do hope it gets bigger every year, and I hope other clubs consider doing it as well. It’s going to take a prolonged, persistent effort to really clean up the river. An example of the extent of the problem: I got an email from a woman who lives on a tributary near Magnolia Plantation. I guess she was inspired by what we were doing so she and her family went out in yaks and worked on their branch. They got 6 or 7 bags of trash out plus some big items. We only have cleaned down to the beginning of Middleton, and honestly, I am thinking of restricting our area of focus so we can do a more thorough job. Magnolia is several miles further down river and apparently there is still a lot down there.

I’m sorry that some of you who would have helped didn’t see the post. Next year I’m posting in Offshore Reports under the title “Big Grouper and Tiny Bikinis” :slight_smile:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

http://www.theoceancleanup.com/

This is a problem for everybody, not just Summerville or Ashley users. More need to consider being involved. Plastics don’t go away.

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

Dave, lots of trash has made its way down to the Magnolia area recently. Spring, Summer, and Fall the trash is trapped in the grass and bullrush. When it dies of in the winter the trash gets released. I going to start taking a bag with me every trip and chip away at it; it is a guaranteed way to catch something:smiley:

Iain Pelto
Sea Hunt Triton 160 w/ 90 ETEC “JB3”
Native Manta Ray 14

Great job guys! I put the boat in down there from time to time

really awesome job guys!

just wanted to comment on your first post about how frustrated you felt seeing all the new trash collecting despite your efforts. I can relate, it’s never ending. the actions of a few cannot correct the actions of the majority and sadly most people just don’t care anymore.

good on you guys for taking action. I saw your post but had to work that day, ill be glad to help when my schedule allows

“mr keys”

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to ID the culprits and send their
filthy trash back into their dinning rooms, sent COD!!!:angry:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown