Ashley River today

Beautiful afternoon on the water and the fish really cooperated. In less than three hours I caught over twenty trout and two slot reds. All the trout except one were over 14", most were 16"-19". All were caught on original Trout Tricks. Kept two of the bigger ones and had them for dinner tonight

4 Likes

Thanks for the report. What was the water temp over there after these few cold azz nights?

54 degrees, an hour before high tide and after the tide changed. About 3pm was the best. 3’ to 5’ in small coves off the main river just past the Cosgrove bridge on the left toward the harbor. Some coves were void and others were very good.

1 Like

gonna try again this afternoon. I have stepdaughters and a grandson visiting for Christmas and they showed up while I was fixing the fish last evening. Now they want some.

1 Like

The nice thing is my wife is struggling with pancreatic cancer and one of my stepdaughters here from New Orleans stayed with my wife so I could get away and go fishing.

1 Like

Glad you were able to get out Mr Michael, and thanks for the report! What were you throwing? Continued thoughts and prayers for your family.

tries various things but the Z-Man Mood Ring Trout Trick was what they wanted on a yellow eye 1/4oz Trout Eye jig head

The wife’s first six series of chemo didn’t work, the cancer has grown. They are going to try a waist injector with a pump with a new formula.

You are in our prayers. Stay strong, as strong as possible.

I hate cancer

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I’ve been thru surgery and chemo. So I kind of know how tough it is on everyone. I think the doctors, nurses, friends, family and especially the prayers pulled me thru.

I hate to hear such things! Stay strong and F!#K cancer!!

Good luck this afternoon! The bite was touch early but got better when the wster was moving!

I don’t know how to upload photos but the fish were there again today. Since family is here I kept my limit for the first time ever. 2 reds and 10 trout. I felt bad keeping a limit, I usually either release all or keep a couple.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with legally feeding yourself and your families with the rivers rewards sometimes! Enjoy the food and even more so enjoy the company!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas. Nice report hand much better after surgery should be out there after the New Year

Nice, glad you got a limit to have a family fish dinner. Thanks for the post. Prayers coming from Toogoodoo.