Ashley River

Does anyone bass fish the Ashley up past the Dorchester rd landing behind the old bowling alley?? I’ve got a little 2 man boat I’m going to put in at the boat club and ride the incoming tide for a little bit. Any suggestions???

The problem is circled (Ford)

Fished all the way up to bacons bridge/165 Not a bite… Tried Texas rigged worms, jerk baits, top water, spinnerbaits… Nothing
Is the trashly Ashley a lost cause for bass fishing?? Any input on this area would be appreciated. That part of the river is perfect for my little boat but I don’t think I will be trying that again. Very disappointing

no lead use senko white you will have better luck

16’ stratos
60 seahorse

Lots of largemouth in the river, but takes awhile to learn.

Thx guys, I never got any response on the post so I figured not many ppl do any good out there. Its the closest body of water to me but I for the most part i only fish saltwater… are the tides as important to bass fishing as it is w saltwater fish? Incoming, or outgoing which is better?? A lot of down trees in there thats what I focused on mostly are points and dropoffs better, weedlines? Appreciate the help, love tugging on largemouth every once in a while