Atlantic Game and Tackle going out of business

I thought I saw a sign on their front entrance that said something about closing. Anyone else seen it?

Never been there, but there is something brief about it in Fishing Discussion.

NN

I was never impressed with them myself but I still hate to see Tackle Shops shutting down

Posted on their Facebook Page a week or so ago

The day has come and Atlantic Game and Tackle is leaving its location at the end of April- the price of real estate and rent in the Mount Pleasant area is just … to much for Mom and pop stores, while we are closing down the store we will be having some incredible sales on Fishing, Hunting, Archery and firearms- everything MUST go, …

Steve is the man when it comes to getting your bow right, hopefully he will continue doing his thing somewhere else or at home.

Anyone know what brand cast nets they carry?

quote:
Originally posted by Clem1984

Anyone know what brand cast nets they carry carried</font id=“red”>?

FIFY :wink:

Like I said in the other post talking about AGT closing, surprised they stuck around as long as they did.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

It’s not talking crap if you can back it up…and nothing can back it up better than facts.

Haddrells is a mom/pop, family run operation. They seem to have figured the real estate market East of the Cooper…

Mike has more local fishing knowledge in his little finger than all the big box stores people combined. Over the years Haddrells has accumulated a huge inventory of items that are hard to find. And bait! If they don’t have it, nobody does!

There’s definitely a reason Haddrell’s has been around (and successful) as long as they have, and it’s not by luck, but the Charleston/Mt. Pleasant/Summerville areas have no shortage of reputable and respectable tackle shops (for my money, HPT and PSA are the only places to shop). Obviously, that excludes the big box stores like DSG/F&S, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Academy, Sports Authority (do they still exist?). The big box retailers are very lacking when it comes to regionalization. Granted, it’s not the individual stores’ faults. They’re stocked from a central procurement department at their respective corporate locations and it’s not cost-effective for them to have all of their stores stocked with regionally-specific product. Sure, they make some regional tweaks but they read from the same sheet of music, for the most part. Personally, those areas should be glad they have the variety of good shops that they do. Don’t forget, competition benefits the consumer.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

It’s not talking crap if you can back it up…and nothing can back it up better than facts.