Attempting to buy a new truck in this current time....

In 1985 I bought a new mobile home $16,900. 1.1 acres of dirt put in a septic tank & a well. Had less than $40,000 in the whole deal. In 1988 I bought a house on almost 2 acres for $79,000 wow how things have changed.
Oh yeah let me throw this out there too.
In 85 I bought a 79 HD lowrider like new condition $2,500… I believe it was 87 or 88 I bought a nice 1985 Chevy 4x4 with less than 50,000 miles I think for $4,500…
I got discharged came back to the beach took a job roofing. Think I was making $7 an hour. 35 years later still climbing around on roofs and sides of buildings…
Shows you what a dumba$$ I am

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Even with the higher rated hp, put your 3.0 against the 6.2 and you won’t see much difference in acceleration. But you will see phenomenal fuel mileage over the 6.2. As for pulling your boat, you won’t know it’s back there. The Tahoe is pulling a sleeper 2 horse tag -along with no issues As with all new engines I’m always skeptical, but so far I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about the new 3.0. And super quiet for a diesel. Not only does it get good fuel mileage, but the DEF usage is very low from what we are noticing.

I know for a fact stock vs stock, it won’t pull like the 6.6 but it will accelerate neck for neck with a 2018 6.6 duramax up to 75-80mph That’s gonna be a sweet sight with the boat behind it. Be a good traveling truck for when you decide to travel the Alaska Highway or head up to Prince Edward Island. :smiley:

Don’t forget to change your A/c filter once or twice a year. It’s behind the glove box, if you do it yourself (piece of cake just remove the 4 t15 torx screws holding the glove box in) the fan motor is exposed and it is easy to let debris fall in as you pull out the filter.

We’re going to road trip it up the east coast in two weeks. Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.

Looking forward to it.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Thought I had found a truck. Called about it and made a deal over the phone. Told them I would be there in about 2 hours. Met the sales guy looked at the truck. Told him I will take the truck if it drives out okay. Made a copy of my ID and got a license plate. Walking back out to the truck the sales manager come out and said you can’t drive the truck. WTF… We’re waiting for a new upper A frame service department had installed the wrong one . Then why the hell is the truck listed for sale and your salesman does not know nothing about it. Things get mixed up in the shuffle at times he said. So I just drove 2 hours for nothing 4 hour round trip. Greenville to Orangeburg… Wanted to knock his (**() teeth down his throat (Fairly Chevrolet and Cadillac) The sales guy Vern was super apologetic real nice older gentleman…

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

heads up on anyone with a new / newer Chevy with the 5.3 or 6.2. Friend of mine bought one for his son @ 18,000 miles bent pushrod from defective lifter. The local shop has had it for just over 5 weeks… No parts. I think b.s., I call another friend that works for a larger dealership, they have 16 in the shop waiting for parts. Got on line and started looking and these things are failing left and right some at 2,000-3,000 miles. I know stuff happens, but when you pay such a premium price for a product you expect a Premium product! I know this has to be heck for the Service Managers dealing with customers blaming them, but in reality we all know deep down this is just the beginning if things don’t change soon in our inventory supply chain.

wonder how many automotive parts are just sitting off the coast of California waiting to be unloaded. It seems it has dropped from a record 74 to 'only" 70 now. Container ships are capable of hauling 22,000 boxes. If you do the math conservatively that is only 1.260 million Conex boxes. If you do it at full capacity that would be 1.54 MILLION Conex boxes with any commodity imaginable on board. One third of the U.S.'s imports. It’s roughly what Charleston handles inbound in four months.

https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-off-californias-coast

What truck are you looking for? Rick Hendrick has several, but unfortunately you’ll pay a little more in Charleston these days. For what its worth, they were honest with what they told me as far as I know. Baker GMC is putting a 5k premium on top of MSRP. Rick Hendrick also said that people putting a premium on cars and trucks right now are doing it legally, but that its a dirty game and RH would not be doing that to its customers. Its why I went to the mid state to get mine. People in town think that you have no other options so they are jacking the prices up due to low supply. And there’s no shortage of money and stupid people in Charleston these days. Its the same thing thats driving up the housing market to ridiculous numbers. My dad used to have a saying, “I was born at night…but it wasn’t last night.”

Try Lugoff. They were upfront and honest and about $9,000 cheaper than in Charleston or Beaufort. My truck sale is over and they left off some accessories on my truck tha

It’s going to get crazy as hell if we don’t get people off their asses and back to work. My Nevada brother decided he no longer wanted/needed his super hot rod four year old Mustang. He recently sold it back to the dealer he bought it from for close to what he paid for it.

ZX

I’m looking for something used. Trying to keep around $30,000. With leather and a console I don’t like the 60/40 seats. I’ve come across a couple but just not able to get to them quick enough. If I don’t find something by the 1st I’m just going to take off till I find something. Would prefer a 2500 but I haven’t even seen one for under 45 k and that’s with 150,000 miles on it. I’m pretty tough on vehicles. After 4-5 years it’ll be a $2,000 vehicle. And I have had no kind of payments on anything including my houses in over 20 year. And definitely going to keep it that way…

22 life’s a day

Used is tough right now. Everyone wants leather. You can save some money by going with a regular cab, but most people don’t want those now either.

https://charleston.craigslist.org/ctd/d/charleston-2013-chevy-chevrolet/7371342000.html

And I’m impressed with the fuel economy so far.

Dang that’s better than the wife’s little GMC gets. Oh yeah and I’m hunting a 4-door. There was a nice Silverado $32,000 on marketplace a little while ago. It had been listed for 3 hours. I messaged the guy he replied back.Sale pending. I will call you if it don’t go through.

22 life’s a day

You should be! that’s amazing! get her broke in and do a little interstate long haul’s and I’ll be interested what you get. 30mpg on an average for a full size truck!! that should mean that the itty bitty fuel economy cars should be getting 60+ And you actually have some azz behind the pedal.

My boat/trailer,gear/fuel is approximately 3,500 lbs. And this is just towing from Limehouse, so maybe 3-4 miles. It’ll be some real world numbers when I pull it to Remley’s one day. But a cool truck feature nonetheless.

Well I got a truck today.
Bought it sight unseen. Got it from Georgetown Auto sales. They have a good reputation so hope for the best. And it’s got a warranty . Have a doctor’s appointment Friday at the VA so on the way back pick it up.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/578332586587253/
Not a hope in hell of finding a 250 or 2500 used for less than $60,000.
New over $80,000 out of my budget.

22 life’s a day

I have two buddies that both put over 250k on that same truck, same motor. And personally I think its the best looking truck since the 90s boxier style.

Congratz

It just blows my mind that I had to give $30,500 for a almost 6-year-old truck with over 100,000 miles.

I like this body style also.

22 life’s a day

Jeez, I guess I’ll just keep driving my 2006 Tundra until the wheels fall off. I can’t believe car/truck prices these days. How in the heck are so many people driving brand new cars? I can’t imagine what the debt situation must be in this country.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

The parts shortages are going to continue through next summer. The rebates on leftover 2022s during the summer of 2023 should be outstanding. Wait for it D, and get one then!

I wonder how mad the wife will be if this were to follow me home. It’s better to ask forgiveness sometimes than permission…

22 life’s a day

Those Chevelles and the Impalas are very special cars around that time frame. I love most things from that era; you can’t beat the original American muscle.

Does that one have the 350?