Attempting to buy a new truck in this current time....

If the wheels fall off …you can put some more on.
Plenty of parts in junkyards.

If you look hard you can find what you want. That 2000 Chevy 3500 4wd me and the pig fixed the window on was $13 K with 120K miles on it. Sat in a fire station for 20 years…

Bought it off EBAY buy it now…Pig liked the power windows…no thumbs to crank a window handle.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

396…402…427…4 bolt main…perfection.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

327(2 bolt)…396…402…427…4 bolt main…perfection. I had a VW while my buds had the muscle cars when gas wars had gas at $0.25 a gallon.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Guess I ain’t got to worry about my wife being mad. He want $39,000 for that car. Exterior of the car looks real nice. The underside not so good. And the upholstery especially the dash looks very amateurish.I was thinking it was around $15,000… $20.000 tops…

I turned 15 in 1978. I bought a 68 rally sport Camaro for $850. My Dad paid for half my insurance… That would probably be a $80,000 car nowadays.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Yeah, it only has 115,000 and most of those are from road trips to the Keys and west coast of Florida. It runs and drives like new and far better than my brother’s Ram. I’ll just keep taking care of it and make it last as long as I can.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

What an adventure. Left Greenville at 7:30 heading to Charleston. 12:30 appointment. Planning on looking at a bike before appointment. Got hung in traffic in Columbia. Got to VA at 12:15. Headed to Georgetown to pick up my truck. Asked if it was cool to back down in their ditch to load the bike. Sales guy said NO. We have a better way. Loaded the bike with the rollback.

Heading home got hong in traffic outside of pawleys Island for over an hour . Stopped at the office picked up my paperwork got on 31 traffic comes to a scratching stop. Another hour. This one was a motorcycle he must have been hauling ass. Took out about 50 ft of the cable and post in the median. Finally made it home around 6:00. The neighborhood right up the road from me has some nice ditches to unload.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

I too have been guilty of using the redneck ramp.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Picked up the truck on Friday. Show the wife this thing is averaging 17.9 miles to the gallon. She laughed at me & said you will be lucky to get 12.

Boy I sure proved her wrong…

And what the he!! is up with this.

There’s several trucks I’ve seen here in Greenville. They have big ass stickers across the back window that says I eat a$$. Most all of them with the front end jacked up in the sky.
Man I know we all did stuff that our parents and the older generations probably said what the hell. But this takes the cake.??? They a bunch of homos looking for a new boyfriend???

22 life’s a day

My diesel going through the mountains…

And fuel economy for the entire east coast road trip including idling and all that jazz. I’ve owned two 5.3L engines and this is my first diesel. I’m well pleased.

That button looked rather intimidating. I finally pushed it this morning. I was not sitting in the truck when I did. It works to phone book and voice command. Hahaha…And yes I do have a owner’s manual just have never opened it.

Okay I had to edit this . I have never recognized it being a face talking… I just finally noticed it in the picture. It looked to me like somebody was sitting and something violent happening to their backside. And yes I will be the first to admit when I have a dumba$$ attack.

22 life’s a day

Too funny.
I guess you are a little worried it was a prostate exam button…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGKR1Z1lRik

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

I would have never seen this until you pointed that out… You are a mess. I see it now.

These car manufacturer spend millions designing new vehicles. Couple things that will just make common sense to me.
My key fob locka ion the left… unlock on right. The button on the door unlock on left lock on right. Would make sense to me that be the same. They have alarms and buzzards for everything under the sun except maybe have something to alert you that you left your sunroof or back window open. Nope.
Had to replace the battery in the wife’s g m c terrain . First thing it’s about a 20 minute job to get the battery out. And it’s a $240 battery almost everything involved is a 10 mm. And we all know 10 m&M’s have legs and go run and hide… but the biggest pile of horse crap is if you have a dead battery you cannot remove your key. Dumbest thing I ever seen…
Okay fixing to go try to catch a fish…
Oh I will be whining later about the dentist and having a root canal this morning

22 life’s a day

In the wife’s Cadillac SUV, her key fob went dead after like 6 months and was ticked because she couldn’t start the car. Called the dealership and they told her there’s a place inside the car where you can set the key fob on top of to be able to crank the car. Like a wireless chip or something that is in there that allows you not to be stranded. I would assume other GM vehicles do this also. Its worth finding out if her’s has one of those too.

And now we keep an extra battery in the glovebox. :smiley:

My new truck does have the “look in the backseat” warning on my dash. That function can thankfully be turned on and off. The thing I wish I could turn off is the requirement to have the key on you or have to unlock your truck to open the tailgate. I get it if you have a cover, but for those of us without a cover over your bed, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Good luck finding a truck. My son was “forced” into the market due to a mishap with a 2017 2500 Denali with 48,000 miles. Figured it would be fixed, but no. Parts shortage and high labor prices drove the repair bill too high. So off we go looking. Here’s what I learned.

One can go to the GMC site and spec out a truck. The site will show you every truck in inventory or in transit within the mileage radius you pick. Perfect, so many available that are exactly or almost exactly what was wanted. Then reality set in. Called 10+ dealers, same bad answer everywhere.

The GMC site will show a truck in inventory until the paperwork is done and the title transfers. Every truck in inventory is actually already sold. Most of the trucks in transit are already sold. And trucks that haven’t started being built are sold with no known delivery date. They are selling at MSRP and some with a dealer mark-up. Crazy times. Some dealers said that you might get lucky and find one that a customer reserved but changed their mind upon delivery, “but that hasn’t happened yet.”

Learned that dealers are doing two things: 1) specing and ordering mostly white trucks, then selling them once they are ordered, or 2) allowing customers to design a truck, pay a deposit then ordering the truck when they get an “allotment.” What is this allotment thing? It’s permission to place an order. With GMC the allotments come out on Thursday. The dealers that historically sell the most trucks get the highest number of allotments. One dealer had 17 customers waiting on allotments. A couple problems: you have no firm date for delivery just a guess of 60-90 days, maybe, and due to the chip shortage there are certain options that aren’t available. Some of these are common options.

Next comes the dealer mark-up issue. Some are doing it, mostly the larger dealers. I saw anywhere from $1,000 - $5,000. Typical was $2,000. One dealer charged a non-refundable $1,000 to order or reserve a truck.

I actually enjoy a good rabbit hunt and c

So, about the truck. Someone mentioned earlier about the technology stuff. The tech in new vehicles is crazy.

Heads-up display and rear view camera mode in the rear view mirror are interesting. We have the heads up display in the stupid red car and luv it. Then there is the normal stuff - remote start, HD surround vision, home remote, voice recognition, park assist, lane departure warning, distance following, collision alert, cross traffic alert, auto braking, auto headlights, wireless phone charging, etc. The guy told me how many chips it takes for all that stuff. He said that you couldn’t order a truck like that now due to the chip issue.

Interestingly, the insurance on the new truck is lower than the insurance was on the 2017. The agent said it was due to the automatic safety stuff. Specifically talked about the collision alert and braking.

There are a few thing you can turn off but most of it you can’t. Heads up can be turned off but don’t know why you would. The rear view camera thing is interesting. It’s designed so if you are towing a trailer you can activate that mode and see behind the trailer. The picture is quite clear and crisp.

Pioneer 197SF

Apologies. Hard to edit on CFF :angry:

“ RBF aka Shunkey, Porch Dick, John Weaver, quite frankly you are full of schitt. In my opinion you are primarily to blame for the degradation of this particular fishing website. You dilute this place with your incessant desire to be relevant by posting constantly whatever cut and paste cartoon or quip you dig up only God knows where just to be "heard". It really must be miserable where you are, if not for you then for those around you.” EF 4/27/21

The 2500 AT4s are VERY TOUGH to come by. I got the 1500 AT4 diesel, more than I need. I almost went white, but ended up saving $$ on a black one that I love just as much.

I started this thread because of the crooks at VADEN BEAUFORT adding on a $10,000 premium to their advertised AT4 prices. GMC Baker West Ashley were adding $5,000 to their prices. I called Rick Hendrick and asked the question direction and they swore they were not doing it. They didn’t have a truck I wanted, so I didn’t verify.

After the pandemic is over, I hope people remember the lowlife’s that price gouged. Congrats to your son on the new ride. Its the best looking truck on the market today.

The dealers that didn’t add a fee stated that they hoped people remembered it later. The dealers that added a fee had all kinds of reasons, excuses, for the fee. Most were to cover the lack of inventory and decrease in revenue. The dealer he bought from had a $1,000 non-refundable add-on fee. I tried all kinds of things to get the $1,000 removed. My reasoning was that they already collected the $1,000 from the guy that changed his mind. No go, wouldn’t even talk about it.

I talked to a guy that was a sales manager at a large dealer. He stated that the dealers are making huge profits. He said that a typical pre-pandemic sale had less than $1,000 of profit. With the current prices he said they were making thousands. The lack of volume is easily being surpassed with the excess profits.

Once this mess is over people will go back to their normal behavior. The fee that dealers charged will be forgotten.

Pioneer 197SF