August Meeting, Tournament and Newsletter

August SSWA Membership Meeting

• Wednesday, August 8th, 6:30pm, at Miler Country Club
  • Seminar Topic
    Trout, Redfish, and Flounder using Live Bait with Captain Amy Little of Fine Lines Charters. Amy is one of the only, if not The Only female full time charter captain in Charleston. For over 20 years, shes fished the waters in and around the SC coast. She has placed in multiple tournaments and actively participates in various tournaments and charities as well. Her motto is Lets have some fun and shes serious. With a big smile of course. We want to encourage everyone, especially our female members, to come out and participate in this event!
  • Information and sign-up for the August Youth Tournament. Details are provided below.
  • Awards for July Monthly Contest
  • 50:50 Raffle
  • Etc

Youth Tournament - Saturday, August 11th

SSWA is having a Youth Tournament in August. The goals for this tournament are to encourage Youth participation in the club, promote a conservation ethic in our Youth, and of course, to have fun. Here are some of the details, and we will discuss more at the August membership meeting. We will be registering for the tournament at the August membership meeting

Date: Saturday, August 11th
Weigh-in: Jessen Landing from 1pm 2pm
Format: This is a CPR tournament (Catch-Photo-Release). All catches must be photographed with a digital camera against a ruler, and released. Total length is the key. This means a (picture of a) 38#8243; redfish catch can be submitted for a prize. This presents a great opportunity to teach our Youths how important it is to release fish so that they can catch more in the future.
Categories: There are 4 categories, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. Redfish, Trout, Flounder and Other. Other can be any other catch, but it must be a fin-fish (ie. no stingrays). Youths are eligible for only 1 prize, to spread out the prizes. This means that if a youth submits

bump

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

Hey Optiker, I am unable to come and sign up for the membership and the tournament tonight. I am fishing with the Johnson’s Saturday and I was wondering how I get the $10 to you for the tournament?

I’m so salt life I sued google earth for giving away all of my fishing spot’s.

quote:
Originally posted by StuckonLand

Hey Optiker, I am unable to come and sign up for the membership and the tournament tonight. I am fishing with the Johnson’s Saturday and I was wondering how I get the $10 to you for the tournament?

Late answer, but I believe we are going to include the youth tournament with the adult tourney in Sept. Details will be at the next meeting. Hope you can make it!

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

Thank’s Vin! I appreciate it.

quote:
Originally posted by Vinman

quote:
Originally posted by StuckonLand

Late answer, but I believe we are going to include the youth tournament with the adult tourney in Sept. Details will be at the next meeting. Hope you can make it!

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda