Auto electronics help...05 F150 Lariat

Ok, for you auto mechanics…maybe you’ve seen or heard of this and can share some knowledge…My drivers door lock would only work maybe once out of 30-45 tries of pressing the lock botton, either on the door or the remote. So I purchased a new solenoid/actuator and replaced it yesterday evening and this one doesn’t work either. I checked fuses ( even tho the pass. side works), made sure everything is plugged in well and saw no visible kinks frays or hot spots on any wires…tried pressing the button on the passenger door(which worked the pass. side only as well) ALL to no prevail! Is there something anyone knows that I should try or to look at or maybe have even dealt with this before…any info is appreciated! Tell me something good!

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

This is a free website that probably could answer your question quicker:

http://www.f150forum.com/

John

Pathfinder 23 HPS

the lock button on the door see it it tries to move when you try to unlock the door if it does the door latch needs to be replaced also, if no movement or sound check the wires inside the rubber boot between the door and the body the wires do break inside there fairly often due to the door opening and closing

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

First off, thanks Capt Ed! Gonna check that out this afternoon if I get off before dark today! Hopefully I will be able to track it down! As for the F150forum…that place is a mess…I must have read on there for 2 hours last night and either the question simalar to mine was ignored and not replied to, or ridiculed for looking for the answer, with no answer given…I am going to get one of the lighted stick meters and look where Capt Ed suggested and go from there! Seeing as how the other door works it has to be a breaking in a wire between the soleniod and the switch somewhere! Will let ya know what I find, thanks again!

Fishing Nerd

I had the ignition interlock problem and it was some how connect to the electric door lock touchpad. There are a lot of different circuits involved. Touchpad is dead, key fob works fine?

Well I can’t thank you enough Capt Ed! Found the busted wire in the boot of the door crease. Thing is…it was a clip on wire splice a tech from Ford used to install the keyless start. I know because I asked the only previous owner of the truck and he had that added on later at Ford. Anyway Thanks again I would had never looked there! Now I could definitely see that being a spot where wires could wear out as well! Learned a lot today! Reckon I have a couple spare actuators on hand now ha…

Fishing Nerd

glad you found it, i’ve worked for Ford for 14 years seen that many times usually got to add a couple inches of wire to repair

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

maybe ford needs to use
wire with smaller strands so it will flex better