Avet HX5/2 Trevala TVC-66H combo- $400 OBO

$400 OBO

Reel is at Avet getting full service right now (all 8 bearings replaced, full cleanup/lube). It is two speed, and blue in color. I won’t bore you with specs, but the rod and reel are set up perfectly for bottom fishing and jigging off our coast. The reel has 250yds of 80lb Izorline spectra. I run it with a short topshot of 80lb mono, but if you want something else I can put it on for you. Reel’s spool is only about 2/3 full, but that’s how I fish it.

One combo already sold, and this is the other. These combos have killed many nice fish, and I am trying to find this last one a good home. This combo is probably in most of my fishing report pics in the last few years.

biggest gag: 28lb
biggest ARS: 22lb
biggest scamp: 19lb (wife’s first grouper)
biggest cobia: 38lb
biggest tiger shark: 130lb

You get the idea…

Reel is lighter than a Penn 4/0 and is about the same size. 28lb max drag power. 5.4:1 high gear; 2.4:1 low gear. Harness lugs are reversible and hide away if you don’t need them. Comes with unused nylon and aluminum rod mounting hardware, oil tube, wrenches, schematic, warranty card, etc.

Reel has a small rash area near one of the harness lugs, and it is therefore an 8.5 out of 10. No corrosion, and mechanically in excellent condition. The rod I’d call a 7 out of 10 cosmetically. They’ve got lifetime warranties on the blanks. 80-200# braid rated, heavy action and 6’6" length.

Current models are sold for $409.99(HX5/2) and $159.99 (TVC-66H). Izorline 80lb will run you at least 40 bucks.

Reel will be in tip top mechanical shape when it gets back from Avet, so all you’re looking at here is minor cosmetic flaws.

Nothing wrong with this combo at all. I am simply upgrading to stuff that’s in a whole different ballpark $$$-wise. Need to sell. Make me an offer.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25