Back from Belize - YS

Took the family back again to Belize and took a few more lures this time than last. Found the Mayan Cichlid that bed like our freshwater bream to be the most active in the canals on site. Had 3-4 foot tarpon constantly hit out baits for 4 mornings and evenings but couldn’t get them on the bank for pics…frustrating to say the least, including a mammoth snook that hit her artificial fiddler crab lure at 5 ft away from her feet that was pushing over 12 pounds. But it was still great!

Welcome back Split, that’s what I’m talking about! Some memories of a lifetime! Thanks for sharing :+1:

Bout time for some of those sharky trips of your isn’t it?!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

That’s some nice conch. You eat em? Those things will put lead in your pencil. Just have to have someone to write to. Trying to talk the Wife into a trip there, but it will probably be New Hampshire this year.

Great report and trip! I can’t tell you how proud it makes us all here that you are teaching that little girl how to outfish the boys! I love it!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

23sail I’m gonna say this, she just turned 13 back in march, I don’t look forward to when she starts dating because her standards are high. Young man better have a boat to fish inshore / offshore, a 4x4 truck that better hold her, her fishing gear, and roomy enough to bring the ol’ man around in, plenty of gas money to burn in the woods and on the water, a job that keeps up with the cost of still hunting, dog hunting, and especially fishing on the weekends is a must. All of this better be accrued by the age of 16 mind you. And if that poor boy can’t take an extreme feelings hurt butt whooping on the water every time he takes her out…well then he ain’t what is gonna be a part of her life. There hasn’t been a grown man put in the boat with us that can out fish her and good lord the trash talking begins the minute she gets one fish ahead of them…and before you know it she snatches their man card from them and says you better watch a few more YouTube videos before you come dancing on the boat again with her!

Stump, for the record she’s been ancy to get back after those sharks since November…she says she wants to start trying for them in May. When Turkey season is over that will be the next mission!!!

"If you can't fix a woman, chase some tail with fins and fur!!!"

2008 Sea Pro 1900cc w/115

(2) Daughters that make the boys cry

(1) wife that makes her husband take the kids outdoors to chase their dreams!

Splittailbasics
You just described my girls.
My oldest went on a fishing date when she was about 14. She played the miss priss for about the first 30 minutes. Then it got the best of her.she did not like the way he was beating their hooks so she had to show him how to bait a hook. It was on then.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day