bad gas in the car

Anyone here have to deal with trying to get reimbursed from a gas station for damages incurred from their bad gas?

My wife filled up Thursday, then on Friday her car died. After much diagnosis at the garage they tested the gas and the sample showed 70% ethanol. I have no idea how the car drove at all if that 70% number is correct. Anyway, I made sure to ask the garage to get another sample to test, as well as a sample for me, and to keep track of how much they drain from the system. It’s going to be around $600 by the time we get the car back.

I called the SC Dept. of Ag., and they are going to get an official sample to test, and I have made an initial contact with the customer service line for the parent company of the gas station. Once I hear from the Dept. of Ag. I guess I’ll follow-up with the gas station more.

John

Where did you wife purchase gas at? My wife’s car had the same issue this past Saturday. When she would go to put it in drive it would just die. She has a 2012 Equinox and I thought it was suppose to handle that ethanol garbage.

Sunoco at the Orangeburg exit off 26

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

My wife got a tank of bad gas a couple of years ago from a BP station. The car didn’t make it a mile after filling up and repairs were $1100! The station manager wouldn’t accept responsibility and wouldn’t give me the owners name or phone number until I reached across the counter and shook him by his neck a little bit until his memory improved. It took a letter from my attorney to get re-imbursed, but they finally did.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Do not let this go,stay in touch with the Dept. of Agriculture until you get some satisfaction…Mr. Weathers is very accessible not to mention up for reelection…