Scroll thru the pics.

http://wjbf.com/2017/04/03/severe-storms-leave-trail-of-damage-across-csra/

NN

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

Scroll thru the pics.

NN

My best gal is from Augusta/North Augusta area…she was showing me pics from her FB feed. Looked pretty brutal.

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1
quote:

Scroll thru the pics.

NN

My best gal is from Augusta/North Augusta area…she was showing me pics from her FB feed. Looked pretty brutal.

Apparently she’s ok, thats good.

Closed down the first day of practice rounds at Augusta National early.

Tornado touched down in Union County up here in the upstate about 3-4 miles from the house. Lots of tree tops laying in the pasture along with a few whole trees. Got some cleaning up to do. One fatality where it first touched town

Sea Pro sv2100/ Yamaha 150

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1
quote:

Scroll thru the pics.

NN

Apparently she’s ok, thats good.

Closed down the first day of practice rounds at Augusta National early.

She’s down here…her family/friends are up that way. I didn’t even think about the Masters aspect. You up that way?

There are calling for more and more severe storms tommorow up here!

yeah when I looked at the radar around 3pm yesterday it looked horrible over that way. not fun at all.

“mr keys”

Looks like we’re getting ready for round 2 today. They’ve already declared early dismissal for the schools here in Columbia.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Looks like we’re getting ready for round 2 today. They’ve already declared early dismissal for the schools here in Columbia.

THAT’s some firm belief in your forecast right there…Storm Prediction Center really has this one ramped up, y’all be safe…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

From the State Climatologist (NOT Jim Cantorre)

quote:
Good Morning,

Yes. Bad. An expansive, deepening low pressure system over Missouri tracks northeast with a strong cold front in tow. Circulation around this large low will force much warm, moist GoMex air ahead of the cold front and over the State late tonight and tomorrow. Welcome to the warm sector. With divergent flow aloft, and strong surface moisture convergence, strong to severe thunderstorms develop this afternoon and tonight with all the attendant danger bits, albeit with more intensity than Monday’s severe storms. Best chance for severe storms will be after 1 PM and they’ll be active until Thursday morning.

Rain and initial thunderstorms track over the State beginning by 9 AM from the southwest. Radar at 0730 is showing plain rain and a few isolated thunderstorm cells over eastern Georgia at the Savannah River. Rain and thunderstorms intensify with daytime heating and spread northeast. Unlike Monday, when we carried cloud cover the whole day, this morning’s skies are clear that will allow more heating than we had Monday. That is what we call thermodynamically not good for the home team (us). Multiple shortwave troughs aloft will reinforce convection into several squall line-like storms during the day and tonight, clearing after 8 AM Thursday. Models are also hinting at development of supercell thunderstorms. Primary threats will be strong 40-70 mph wind gusts making bad with the trees, heavy localized “Where did the Interstate go?” rain, lightning, large hail and tornadoes.

The Storm Prediction Center has an outlook (below) for an Enhanced Severe Thunderstorm risk for the entire State and an ominous Moderate outlook for severe storms from the Savannah River to the Central Midlands. Georgia had a Moderate outlook Monday and had over a dozen reports of tornadoes or suspected tornadoes and widespread arboreal carnage; so

I need to move my lemon, lime, and orange trees inside…don’t want the fruit/blooms to get blown away!

I mean…I’m not weather man by any means, but just looking at the radar and it’s the system in GA right now…is it even going to hit us in Charleston?