BASS FISHING!!!

I LOVE salt water fishing but want to start bass fishing more. I have caught a couple bass at my golf course pond all large mouth. I Have a light tackle set up 200yards of 10lb. mono. on a 7ft. spinning rod and reel. I have caught all my bass on Texas styled rigged worms with a bullet sinker. Basically I want to know where to go what to use and a good bass fishing out fit under $100 preferably bait caster. I can use the set up I have for now but I want to get a new rod and reel just for bass. I need to know bait’s and where to go is the main thing. ALL help will be appreciated and by the way I DO NOT HAVE A BOAT (hence the name StuckonLand).

I have lived here for. 5 years now and I have been killing the bass in the neighborhood ponds and on the golf courses. Check out bass pro shops there own brand of bait casters are pretty good and u can get a combo for around 100 if not cheaper. I like using the rapala shallow shad rap in the smaller ponds. And topwater is awesome. Try some rubber frogs and some poppers. But to tell u the truth i haven’t even picked up a regular rod and reel since April. I have been using my fly rod all summer. If u want to have fun catching bass in the small ponds get a 5wt fly rod and some deer hair poppers

There is no doubt that a texas rigged worm is one of the most effective baits you can fish but my bass box also consist of of these items: rattle traps,strike king and terminator spinner baits, pig n jigs, pop r, hula popper, zara spook varations, bomber model a, storm chug bugs, jitter bugs, rebel jointed minnow, shad rap, producto lures buzz tail shad, devil horse, nippa diddi, spro frog, many swim baits and buzz baits. plastics can be fished many more ways than texas rigged. you can drop shot, carolina rig, wackey rig and float them, zoom Trick worms w no weight can be deadly in small ponds. i like to fish a pig n jig alot in the fall and winter and top water top water in spring and summer. fish structure and work the bank lines. i like a 7 ft med hvy baitcaster with a low profile fast retrieve reel. i have some 7 ft med too but if i had to pick one it would be a med hvy. i have lm bass fished my whole life and will be glad to help with any other questions. good luck!

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

Rapala 13s minnow topwater…

So who’s been out and having luck? I hit a pond last weekend and caught several on a brown baby brushog. Seems like the weather has been mild enough to keep them active. Gonna try to get out for a little bit this afternoon and see if this cold front has affected them.

Fish on!

I have fished for largemouths most of my life and had the best luck over the past 2 years fishing wacky style with a white peppered 4" wackyworm. Caught a mess yesterday with it. I grew up with the baitcaster but been flipping this set up with an ulra light spinning rod and reel. Medium light Rod with a Stractic 1000 spooled with 10lb braid. I also used a 10lb fluro leader. If they are around they just can’t resist. You can also skip it 20’ under a dock. I have also had great success with topwater with my 2wt and 4wt flyrod if you ever get into this type of fishing.

19’ Seapro 150 Yamaha
12’ Hydrocraft 25 Evinrude
If that’s all I have to worry about…there’s nothing to worry about.

ive been doing much more saltwater fishing myself, but of course i dont want to eliminate largemouths from my vocabulary either. dont want anyones secret spots but where should i look for fish this time of year? where as in shallow, deep cover, … ive done pretty well on a couple of the base ponds and foster creek/back river works too. dont have a boat of my own, but can get ahold of a canoe very easily. for the record at least 75% of my bass last year were on the texas worm.

I catch most of my bass on Texas rigged worms too. Just because it’s my old favorite way of fishing. Lately though I’ve been using spinnerbaits and topwater frogs and have been doing ok. Never got into crankbaits due to my affection for casting at timber and brush rather than open water structure fishing. But…
What you need is a good bass boat. Check out my ad in the CF classifieds, 2007 G3 bass boat for sale. New job and divorce forces me to sell. Just asking payoff. Thanks.

*THATS JUST MY OPINION, I MAY BE WRONG.
*HANG UP THE PHONE AND FISH!!

got a shimano curado ex.cond.cost300 new will let it go for 125 call for pix thanks Tony 843 240 9485

Raggedy Azz 17ft Boat With A Blowed Up Motor But Still Wining Money!!!

Abu garcia silver max combos at walmart for around 70 bucks. Best setup youll get for that money.

What golf courses can you fish at?

I’m a high class redneck.

Fishing is a delusion entirely surrounded by liars in pfgs and buffs.

If you are talking to me I fish the pine forest pond’s in summerville.

quote:
Originally posted by yakman72

Light travel’s faster than sound. This is why some people appear smart until you hear them speak.

quote:
Originally posted by StuckonLand

If you are talking to me I fish the pine forest pond’s in summerville.

quote:
Originally posted by yakman72

Light travel’s faster than sound. This is why some people appear smart until you hear them speak.

I used to fish those in High school, 16 years ago, we always killed them on a pumpkin seed lizard!