Bathroom Remodel Question

Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic.

Gutted one of our bathrooms down to the studs and am wondering what folks use to seal shower prior to tile install.

Anyone here used the Schluter-Kerdi System?

Thanks again everyone,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

didn’t use it but know of others that have and it worked

I used a kit, can’t remember the name, made the install very easy, i’ll look it up if you’re interested

Pioneer 197SF

Thanks,

Any input is greatly appreciated.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Red Guard - water proofing in the tile section at home depot

BRIAN WELLS

You cant go wrong with sheet vinyl from a plumbing supply house or for larger showers use sheet rubber from a roofing supply house. Properly folded on the corners and sealed correctly to the flange on your shower drain they dont fail like other “systems”

Dont forget to drape a piece over the bench if you have one.

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats

The schluter system is rock solid. Its by far the best system out there.

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic.

Gutted one of our bathrooms down to the studs and am wondering what folks use to seal shower prior to tile install.

Anyone here used the Schluter-Kerdi System?

Thanks again everyone,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Used on my parents’ new shower I did a few years ago. Worked perfectly. Nice product.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

I used the Kerdi membrane over hardie board for the tub surround.

If you want to step it up a little, look into using Laticrete Spectralock epoxy grout. Lowes carries it. Stain, Mold, and mildew resistant. Never need to apply sealer.

quote:
Originally posted by B.WELLS

Red Guard - water proofing in the tile section at home depot

BRIAN WELLS

^^^THIS^^^. I sold flooring for thirteen years, and this is what we used.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Hooligan

The schluter system is rock solid. Its by far the best system out there.

This is indeed an awesome system. Just costs an arm and a leg.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. Think I may just go with the Schluter product.

Will be glad to get this project complete.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

finally found the info, http://www.ahqua.com/product_category.php?pro=6

I did the Chateau 42x54 product, added the recessed shelf, wish I had added the bench

it is a kit, the pan is one piece, the drain can be ordered centered or on either end, the walls are in sections, everything you need is included, the way it is designed it can’t leak

set the pan, install the walls, add top trim, add the edging, install the glass and then the door, cut holes for controls and shower heads

I had gutted a room and could install the wall wherever I wanted so matching the size was easy, I set the pan then built the wall

you’ll have a day or so invested depending on the product size

Pioneer 197SF

I’m in the middle of redoing a shower right now, went with the Schluter shower kit. If you go that route I’m probably going to end up with almost a full roll of extra membrane. I decided to tile to the ceiling so the kit came up a little short. If you need any extra I’ll sell it to you cheap.

Thanks, BlueSky and Scoobie. BTW, I am putting tile all the way up in shower but the shower ceiling is slightly lower than rest of bathroom so hopefully will have enough.

Scoobie, any chance you are near Beaufort as this work is going on near Augusta but go there often.

Thanks again All,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

No, I’m in W. Ashley but if you need it we’ll find a way to get it to you.

quote:
Originally posted by SCOOBIE

No, I’m in W. Ashley but if you need it we’ll find a way to get it to you.

OK, Thank You

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Bought the Kerdi. $242 plus $88 for drain system. Better be good at that price. That’s the 48" x 48" one.

BTW, my tile guy has done a few showers and after watching the Kerdi install vid he was sold.

Got all the PEX ran and stubbed out today. Did terminate the connections to the Delta showerhead and mixer thingy as well.

More later, Thanks
NN

www.joinrfa.org/