BCBS

I got a letter from BlueCross BlueShield yesterday. As a “member” I am able to vote for their board of directors, so they enclosed a ballot and an envelope. They also enclosed a profit/loss statement for 2016. Their net profit was $59 million in South Carolina. My insurance keeps increasing about 25% every year. My bill is $318/month with $7,500 deductible. What do you think I should send back in the self addressed stamped envelope that they sent me? I don’t give a crap about the ballot but I have a free envelope…strongly worded letter? Picture of my middle finger?

Narcosis

quote:
Originally posted by Narcosis

I got a letter from BlueCross BlueShield yesterday. As a “member” I am able to vote for their board of directors, so they enclosed a ballot and an envelope. They also enclosed a profit/loss statement for 2016. Their net profit was $59 million in South Carolina. My insurance keeps increasing about 25% every year. My bill is $318/month with $7,500 deductible. What do you think I should send back in the self addressed stamped envelope that they sent me? I don’t give a crap about the ballot but I have a free envelope…strongly worded letter? Picture of my middle finger?

Narcosis

Cinder Block.

It’s hard as a customer to see those profits increasing right along with your premiums…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Seems like SCE&G is the same. Big profits but they keep asking for, and getting, rate increases.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

Cinder Block.

Was it a flat rate envelope?
quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Seems like SCE&G is the same. Big profits but they keep asking for, and getting, rate increases.

haha we’ll see how well SCE&G does with the Nuke plant that might get canned a few billion into construction.

First, Most, Biggest

I pretty much deal in the present and all I know is that rates go up even as profits go up. The PSC is in the tank for SCE&G.

I know a lot of folks who have that ins. lets vote you in as chairman of the board! Would you take the big paycheck or lower the prem.

Woo Hoo - you guys really need to get some facts before making these kinds of comments

the source of SCANAs revenues is public knowledge, it’s a combination of revenues from many subsidiaries, one of which is SCE&G, most of the others are not regulated companies

the earnings of SCE&G are regulated and they are earning below the authorized rate of return

the “they keep asking and getting rate increases” comment is fairly correct, there is a law called Base Load Review Act that dictates exactly how that works, it’s to cover the interest expense on the investment for new generation, it will save over $1 billion in expense on the current project, that translates to lower rates

during the annual BLRA review SCE&G provides the required documentation backing up the costs, the data is audited and the rate increase is granted - following the law, so the comment about the PSC is simply incorrect

the issue with Toshiba Westinghouse is not good, no one knows where it’s going, the press release states that SCE&G and Westinghouse have submitted a proposal to the bankruptcy court to allow a 30-day period for construction to continue while the facts are reviewed

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by Narcosis

Narcosis

Have you gotten your letter that states they are happy to inform you that due to obuma care you can still keep your policy, but your rates are increasing? again and again and then again … again. I just can’t fathom the appeal of obuma care? But then I can’t qualify for it anyway.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

[quote]Woo Hoo - you guys really need to get some facts before making these kinds of comments[/quote

You’re THAT guy aren’t you.