Be back soon

I’m three weeks post-op knee replacement and doing very well. Looking at maybe getting back to fishing in another week or two mainly as a brief reprieve. My wife was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer and the doctors say less than 1% chance of survival at a year, 30%-40% at 3-4 months

1 Like

Wow MDL i’m real sorry to hear about that. I don’t even have the words. will keep ya’ll in my prayers.

So very sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers for you both.

1 Like

Yeah, my condolences too.

Try to stay strong for both of you, keep whatever faith you can have too, best wishes and prayer too.

If you need ANY help fishing, or otherwise, don’t hesitate to ask here or PM

Thanks everyone. I spent most of my life traveling and never got a chance to make any close friends so I have nobody to talk to. Maybe we’ll be that 1% that beats this most deadly of all cancers.

1 Like

Here for you as well Mr Michael…Sitting with you in your living room the day we met was a day I’ll never forget, you made a lasting impact on me. Reach out anytime if you ever need anything, even just to talk…don’t hesitate. Thinking about you and your wife during this time.

Really the communication and discussion is what this site is about, other than fishing. I continue to believe this site has a VERY important purpose to help fishermen talk and share experiences. You maybe should open up a little and share your burdens and feelings with us, because we fishermen do think alike and act alike quite often.

1 Like

Glad you’re on the mend. Condolences on the hard news of cancer.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re doing well after the surgery. Also, truly sorry to hear the news about your wife. We’ll be keeping you both in our prayers.

Very sorry to hear mdl…

1 Like

Prayers too a speedy recovery and enjoy each day with the wife as they come and go. I’m not sure but I think the last time we were on the water we discussed you having surgery. If not you another fisherman is gonna be down also.

Prayers for you both. :pray:

fatrat357, yep that was me. It was my last time fishing but I’m hopefully going to go tomorrow. The wife is having some problems with the chemo but feels good enough that I don’t worry about being away for several hours though it will be the first time since late August I’ve been away from her.

Prayers for both!

I will keep y’all in my prayers :pray: