Beaufort Air Show

Had front row at Air Show and WOW! I have some awesome video on iPhone. Will say that the vid I have of the new/latest, F35B is sic!!!

Liftoff in 300’, came back from flight and hovered, rotated 90 degrees in every direction and paused with each maneuver. Also, while facing crowd, would have jet go sideways in both directions, to include backing up!!!

Narrator said it is the largest, single engine ever put in an aircraft!

Stealth too!

BTW, the highest speed by any jets was said to be 650mph by narrator. Soooo cool, but would love to witness sound barrier broken…

Have any of you witnessed that??

NN

I went with some friends and my son. We had a blast.

How much were the tickets for the VIP area? When I checked the site they were all sold out and didn’t have prices listed.

We used to go every year to the show. It’s always a blast. There’s one in Greenwood these days, not nearly as amazing but good for the local airfield we have.

Breaking the sound barrier makes people mad because it breaks their windows and sets off alarms, etc. I’ve heard it on the water before and then read about it later where everyone was pissed.

BG

quote:
Originally posted by birddawg

I went with some friends and my son. We had a blast.

How much were the tickets for the VIP area? When I checked the site they were all sold out and didn’t have prices listed.

Good friend of ours gave us 4 tickets:sunglasses:!

NN

I was unable to attend this past weekend but my father participated in the show. flew the corsair. I will probably be at the upcoming show with him in eastover

OPEN WIDE
25’ CONTENDER

As a kid(8) I went with my Dad and his Vietnam Paratrooper buddy about 20 years ago and had a blast. They had a jet go super sonic and come in pretty low so you could see it fly by quietly and then see how far behind the sound was. Very interesting. I don’t remember it breaking windows but it certainly set off most car alarms.

I really ought to go to another some time.

First, Most, Biggest