Beautiful Day 12.05.13

I went out behind Sullivans Island today to enjoy the sunshine and water. I met a great gentleman by the name of Chris at the 26th Ave boat landing. Thanks for the help today. I have had some good success the last couple times I went out, so I thought I was due a day where the skunk came along. I was wrong. Today was fantastic. Boated 4 nice reds. Biggest at 31", next around 28", then upper slots to finish it out. I also got a small flounder. BTW, all were caught on Trout Tricks.

All Summer I had caught flounder on TT. Not until my last two trips out did I think reds would hit it. On one occasion, I tossed out the TT, slowly retrieved, and when it was about 10 feet away I reeled it in fast. All of a sudden a big red surfaced like a submarine and nearly inhaled the TT about a foot from the kayak. First off, it scared the sh*t out of me. Secondly, I threw the TT right back over there and fish on.

Anyway, I am loving the fishing right now. It has been good to me.Here are a few photos from the last few trips.

Second Photo was the biggest today. Looking back now, he may the biggest I have caught to date. I dont have a measuring tape on board, but if those are 1x6’s on that dock, he pushing 32 and more.

Nice fish - congrats!

1 x 6’s measure 5 1/2" wide, just sayin’…

You need to bring a tape…

I have had some really good days at that spot as well. Haven’t been lately, glad to see the fish are still there.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.