Beautiful fishing weather

Had not been on the waters in awhile. Decided to go out Saturday more so for a boat ride than anything and relax. Saw Optiker on the water and smelt a skunk coming on but managed Three nice Trouts as the winds started picking up. Shot to the Hill around 11:30 ish with a little water to get in. Still a good day.

3 Likes

Shocked you didn’t land at least one flattie. You seem to have those mastered. Fish and a Dave sighting sounds like a pretty good day. The weather up here was kinda blah.

Thanks for the post, all is good on the water MOST anytime.

1 Like

Not even a strike of a flat one. Went out yesterday and managed 6 nice trouts, one Red and again not a strike of a flat one. once the wind picked up headed for the hill for some football. Nothing came to the landing.

2 Likes

Good report. Glad you caught a few. I also went Saturday and I got skunked. I had live finger mullet & frozen shrimp. tried the wando and harbor. Your are right though, the weather was really nice, but the wind did blow a bit hard at times.

I might give it a try again Friday weather should be better by then. Keep casting for that tight line.

Always good to see you FatRat! Ralph and I were fishing the Southern Redfish Cup. I wasn’t sure there would be anything left to catch once we saw you :slight_smile: We did pretty good though!

You do a tic toc video smoking a cigar on that trip?

Well Optiker, After you passed me bye I figured you were fishing that Cup. That was a slow day for me, but I just needed a break and rode around until I caught a few. If I known it was Mr. Phillips onboard I would have definitely said Hello! Hadn’t seen him on the waters in a few years. Water down soon and Tight Lines

Yes, that was us!

Good idea fatrat, I haven’t been in way too long myself. I’m ready for a river reset!

Overcast and warm today. Started out kind of grey. Hope it stays like this all winter tbh.

All on live shrimp and popping cork.

3 Likes

Very nice. Love the 3 spotter.

Nice Catch