been away for awhile

I’ve been away for 7 years, stuck fishing freshwater. Now I’m back and wonder if Bushy Park is worse than it was 7 yrs ago. I want to go Thursday and wonder how much time either side of low tide is still ok to get out or back to the ramp.

Man, I thought I had been away from salt for a while.

Can’t help you with Bushy, haven’t been there in a while but, hopefully someone will be along shortly to answer your question.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I think fatrat fishes Bushy , maybe he’ll fill you in

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I hope so. I met him a number of years ago while putting in there. Great guy.

What are you putting in ?

Welcome back, don’t mind the site, it’s just falling apart in front of our eyes.

Bushy is definitely worse than it’s ever been, but it is not unusable. Just have to use your head and plan accordingly, know if worse comes to worse, you will always be able to drive around and flush the motor along the way. Get out there and give it a go:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Coastn, I have an old 18ft Bayliner with a 90Merc. Does surprisingly well in shallow water. It is fine in a bit less than 2ft of water. I’ll be putting in at Bushy Park because that’s where I fished for many years. I figure I’ll put in about 3hrs before low and head back in about 3hrs after it starts back toward high. That’s what I used to do and was just wondering if it had gotten a lot worse because it was bad back then. And yes, this site seems very different. Not much activity. Maybe I’ll have something to post tomorrow.

and stumpnocker, you’re right. If I NEED TO I can go around, done it both ways before.

Its pretty bad. All mud at dead low most of the time. But 2.5 - 3 hrs either side of high you can do it, I take my 21 ft Sportsman there pretty often, but the tides really limit my options.

________________________ 1966 13' Boston Whaler "Flatty" 2018 Sportsman Masters 207 www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Hey Dave, haven’t seen you post in a while. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Sorry to hear that about Bushy. I guess all the talk of doing anything was just that.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
1 Like

went today, it’s been 7 yrs since I’ve been to Bushy Park and it’s no worse. I had no problem getting back in 2hrs after low tide.

Tried posting in fishing reports but it wouldn’t work. I just moved back after being away for 7 years. Great to be back fishing saltwater again. Slow bite, windy this afternoon, but caught four trout and they were all 18" to 20". I kept two for dinner. All caught on rootbeer flake grub fished slow and steady at creek mouths on the outgoing tide. Got back in to the ramp with no problem two hours after low tide.