Benchmark Freeman 42LR report -April 2 (Pics)

Got a call from our buddies on team Benchmark to tag along on the maiden voyage of their brand new Freeman 42LR. She is the most baddest assess center console on the water and yes I’m a tad bias.:wink:

Boat is loaded with all the latest and greatest in electronics available, 4 of them Yamaha 300s, and the ride is insane.

Headed out of the marina just in time to get a view of the rising sun.

Beam sea ride out was effortless and I caught up on some sleep. Roger pushed her up to 45mph and sat back and let the autopilot do its thing. 10 miles from the hole we stopped for a bio break and prepped the last few ballyhoo. I jumped up front to stand at command central for a bit and see what we could comfortably get out of her for the last few miles. Pushed her up to 60mph and she ate it up. She is fun to drive for sure!

Lines in just short of the hole and before we knew it the long rigger snaps down and the ole TLD screams to life! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! Alex dove on the rod and shortly after Brent brought the first fish of the new boat over the gunnel!

Picked at them most of the day then decided to hit a few spots on the way back to the hill. Ran across a nice bait mark and refired the spread. The rocket launcher and beam of that boat make it very easy to run a ballyhoo spread not to mention Roger, Brent, Alen, Kenneth, and Alex have done it a few times before.

Seemed like only a few mins after the trap was set the short

A post with that boat needs a NSFW tag. Seriously though, nice report.

Beautiful boat for sure. My mind can’t begin to wrap itself around that kind of money for a boat.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

600k isn’t that high for the new super class center consoles. I think scouts 42 is over a million. There’s a fleet of them starting to form in the gulf, they must be worth something. That gas bill would make a hippie cry.

That’s a sick rig.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

nice report. gorgeous boat.

nice blackfin!

and the boat is OK too

quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

600k isn’t that high for the new super class center consoles. I think scouts 42 is over a million. There’s a fleet of them starting to form in the gulf, they must be worth something. That gas bill would make a hippie cry.

Take a guess on what we burnt. Ran 177.2NM (204 miles). 42’ boat, 1200hp, 7 guys, 550 gallons of fuel, 300 pounds of ice, tackle, bait, food beer etc.

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutin 4 Goodies
quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

Take a guess on what we burnt. Ran 177.2NM (204 miles). 42’ boat, 1200hp, 7 guys, 550 gallons of fuel, 300 pounds of ice, tackle, bait, food beer etc.

175 gallons

Averaged 1.07mpg for the day.

Scott great report as always and yes that is one bad fishing machine right there. Dfreedom, you don’t need to buy one just find a good friend with one. Maybe you and Bonzo can go in on one together. You can fish it and he can scrub and keep it clean and fueled up.

I guess that’s part of the reason the fleets building down there. That’s impressive fuel numbers.

…yeah that boat’s great and all, but did you pull white braid?

quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

Maybe you and Bonzo can go in on one together. You can fish it and he can scrub and keep it clean and fueled up.

I see where I stand now…

nice report scoutin and thanks for the pics…love seeing them on trailer going down Folly Rd, heading to who knows what destination…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

…yeah that boat’s great and all, but did you pull white braid?

ZING!!!

That is a sho nuff sexy rig!!

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

maybe in my next lifetime…

we were unloading fish at Tolers when that thing pulled up for the first time a little over a week or so ago. Freaking nice, but the Jimmy Buffet playing needs to go…lol

You need to stay out longer, if you’re going to fill all those fish box’s:wink:

Great report. What a boat!

World Cat 266SC
Scout 15.5

Wait, you were sleeping at 30 knots on April 2nd?! According to my memory, that was the day the ocean looked like a jacuzzi on full bubble when i looked out my apartment window to see how accurate the forecast was.

What an incredible report, nicely done

Nice Day! Thanks for the pics!