Best cover songs

My son turned me onto this one a couple years ago. I’m not usually for cover songs but this one IMO is better than the original by far.

this one is my wifes favorite along with the video… it is beautiful. you would never believe he’d have a voice like this.

Didn’t realize how many covers Johnny Cash did. I’ve got him on pandora and some crazy stuff has been coming up… cover tom petty, Jesus Jones, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch nails,(I hurt myself was good), and many others.

I like the original better, but this is pretty good.

Big John remake.

Just sipping a Gin and tonic while the Wife and Daughter are blowing off steam from this weeks fiasco at School. Crazy stuff. I’ve got a new Pandora Station… Road Tripping music. I’ve had to thumbs down a few, but most stuff is pretty good. Seldom listen to the radio anymore, Pandora all the way. Unless a night like this and surfing through Youtube.

Petty was great with cover songs at his concerts besides his own. Kind of an homage to music that laid a foundation for his inspiration I guess. He was at N Charleston Coliseum in 2003 with a similar playlist…not sure if this will work from Chicago 2003https://youtu.be/ascEnKGjph4

There is a school i Ohio (I think) called the O’Keefe Music Foundation that is a music school for kids. They have a bunch of Youtube videos they have done cover songs. Some of them are awesome.

Here are a couple.

Interesting cover of Sultans of Swing

I’m not much on heavy metal, but that was a good take on Sultans of swing. You can get lost in some Youtube videos and music.

That was an absolute genius guitar riff. . Mark was outstanding

1 Like

Sman for the win!

Everyone had that 8 track

Sound of Silence is incredible.

There are very few covers that are better than the original, and I know not every one would agree with this one, but Clint Black’s version of Desperado blows the Eagles out of the water. Yeah, I said it. But I’m country at heart.

And I do not support anyone covering the Beatles because I’m 99.9% sure you won’t be better than the greatest group that there ever was, but Travis Tritt’s version of Help completely changed the meaning of the song. I’ve seen it live three times and it gets better every time.

Late in life, Cash’s version of Nine Inch Nails song “Hurt” was amazing as well.

1 Like

Travis Tritt-Take It Easy - YouTube Another good cover by Travis

1 Like