Best maps chip for CHS nearshore bottom fishing

I’ve started moving out from inshore/CHS jetties, and exploring nearshore. I’m lucky to get out once per month (2 kids under 5yo), so I can’t realistically “find my own numbers”. I have been looking at various chips to load onto my Garmin Echomap Plus 94sv - and was wanting some input. I’m unlikely to go more than 50 miles out (likely 20-30 miles with any regularity), and would mostly be bottom fishing. I have been leaning towards a Prochip (based on multiple good reviews, simplicity of use, and accompanying paper chart), although I’m wondering if I should look more closely at the other products. My sense is that ultimately any of the products would provide everything I need and more. Is below pretty accurate?

Prochip:
Greater coverage out of Charleston (Georgetown (Winyah Bay), SC to Savannah, GA ) in a single chip
Not clear how often it is updated? I haven’t seen any complaints about it, but most of the reviews are several years old
Sounds like it is GPS coordinates only. Not sure how much “information” is provided about each coordinate (eg wreck, ledge, reef, etc)
I like that a corresponding paper chart is provided with each electronic chip

Maps Unique
You get a description of what is found at each of the GPS coordinates
Downside is that Charleston is the dividing line for their maps (eg - Murrells Inslet to CHS OR CHS to Beaufort) - I’d have to pick points either north or south of CHS, can’t get both
Maybe updated more often?
No accompanying paper chart included

Fishing Status
Just stumbled onto this one, so I don’t completely understand it yet. Looks like a huge (freely accessable) database of numbers online, and they will provide a highly customized card based on your location and the type of fishing you are aiming to do
Active company constantly engaged in their product and active on this forum
Requires an ongoing yearly subscription to their service (first year comes with purchase of customized card)
Price of $99 for a custom card would allow me to get 2-3 cards for the price of others
Regularly updated?

CMor
Seems like it is more of an offshore product beneficial if fishing heavily 50-100+ miles out?
Designed to provide more bottom relief detail, not specific GPS coordinates?

Thanks and appreciate the feedback as I continue to look.
BG

1 Like