Best Place For Yellowfin and Billfish?

Planning on taking a trip next June and want to catch my first YFT and/or billfish. Going with the brother-in-law and the wives, so looking for a place the ladyfolk will be entertained while we’re on the water. You read so much on the internet, but most of it sounds like the charter capts beefing up their business. I was thinking of either Costa Rica, or Cabo. Any advice, or suggestions? Thx

Key West 196;150 Yammie

Life Is Good…Gotta Love It!!!

Kona, Hawaii…

I would go to Panama

Off GLM’s dock.

panama is a great option

Costa Rica is fantastic. My favorite place there has been Crocodile Bay which is just above Panama on the Pacific side. Lots of billfish but not sure about YFT. I think they are seasonal there. The nice thing is that its right in the rainforest and there are a lot of other things to do besides fish. Very American friendly country.

Hydra-Sport 3300VX

From the looks of it an OBX trip is prime right now for YFT…

www.oregon-inlet.com

“Wow! Your daughter is just as good as your wife!!”
“Lets pull the Venezuelan Bubbler!”

“Queen Anne’s Revenge”
129’ 36 Guns 113 souls

Costa Rica or Panama, Work out before you go, they will ware you out!

The ocean would be a start…

“Good things come to those who bait”

There are no more yft in Costa Rica. Their government traded them to china for a soccer stadium and roads. I’ve fished there twice and have not been impressed. I would go to the outer banks, panama, or Louisiana.

Thanks guys. I lived at Oregon Inlet for 3+years and was not real impressed by the numbers of YF I saw, but they do bring in a few fair size. Looked at Kona and they bring in some monsters down there. No clue about the numbers. Looks like good bill fishin’ is pretty much everywhere, so not so focused on them. I appreciate the suggestions. Gonna be hard to chose. If I could find GLM’s dock I could sure save a lot of money. Does he rent tackle? I don’t think my Penn 6/0’s will hold a blue.

Key West 196;150 Yammie

quote:
Originally posted by bwulmer

Thanks guys. I lived at Oregon Inlet for 3+years and was not real impressed by the numbers of YF I saw, but they do bring in a few fair size. Looked at Kona and they bring in some monsters down there. No clue about the numbers. Looks like good bill fishin’ is pretty much everywhere, so not so focused on them. I appreciate the suggestions. Gonna be hard to chose. If I could find GLM’s dock I could sure save a lot of money. Does he rent tackle? I don’t think my Penn 6/0’s will hold a blue.

Key West 196;150 Yammie

My dad just got back from OI and fished two days. They caught 32 YFT during their stay. The numbers are there at the moment. All the boats are doing very well btw.

Panama will not impress the women.

Go to NYC for the girls and charter the Canyon Runner for a few days out of Pt. Pleasant, NJ. 60 YFT/5 BFT/ and a few makos in the first 2 canyon trips.

www.JigSkinz.com

quote:
Originally posted by Courtland

Panama will not impress the women.

Go to NYC for the girls and charter the Canyon Runner for a few days out of Pt. Pleasant, NJ. 60 YFT/5 BFT/ and a few makos in the first 2 canyon trips.

www.JigSkinz.com

I’ve read about fishing the Canyon and would love to get out there. Matter of fact there was a show on TV not too long ago and they were out there catching Makos at night.

Key West 196;150 Yammie

Panama… panamasportsfisinglodge.com

“If you can’t stand behind our soldiers, then try standing in front of them”

YFT- Louisianna. Fish around the rigs. Plenty of YFT there.

2005 29’ Triton
Twin 225 Optimax

“REEL EXPLOSIVE”