Best place to buy tires ??

Suggestions? ?
Anyone shopped arounder lately ? Have to start tire shopping soon for my chevy. Trailblazer :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

I always check tire rack… online is usually cheaper to the point that even paying for mount/balance your still out ahead.
depending on size they often offer mail in rebate or buy 3 get one free…

I am not sure how public sales friendly they are but on Ashley phosphate a tire distributor use to be located on the right hand side if coming off i26 towards dorchster kind before railroad tracks iirc…

Geralds is pretty reasonable…but I would not go to Tread Quarters, way overpriced. Hay Tire carries great brands but not sure about cost.

Maybe check out Sam’s club? I’ve had some bad experience getting tires off line, also when you get them you still have to pay someone to mount and balance. Also as Myhooker said Geralds, Been awhile but they treated me well in the past.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I have looked into buying tires online the last 3 times I have needed tires as I hear folks say they save $. After paying shipping and then having someone locally mount/balance, the savings is negligible (usually less that $30). Factor in that most places throw in free lifetime balance/rotation and flat repair which you would have to pay for if you buy online. I also wonder about having an issue with one of the tires. If you bought locally, you just go back to the store and deal with it. If you order it, you may have to send it back and wait for a replacement. I deal with a locally owned shop in Columbia (I know that doesn’t help you down there) as they have good prices and great service. Surely there is someplace like that down there.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Who pays to have tires shipped? I just purchased 5 35" tall tires and they were shipped to my house for FREE! Never pay shipping for tires.

Tread Quarters has earned my business for the past several sets on the family fleet. Good people, fair prices, excellent customer service.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

Have used Geralds and have been happy. But, the last several sets have come from Costco. Prices as good as any or better.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

The last set I bought at Tirerack.com. Overall I saved $200 by buying online and having mounted/balanced locally. It certainly depends on tire size/brand if its worth it for you to shop online or not.

I’ve bought many from Firestone… The trick is to get a quote from somewhere else first… Here is my conversation:

Me: Hey I need tires for X, what is your price?
Answer: $800
Me: I got a quote from Y for the same size, and their price was $550
Answer: Okay, we can do it for $535
Me: Can you throw in an oil change too?
Answer: Um yeah, I guess we can do that

Tower Tire in Ravenel is always good to me.

thanks everyone…getting some prices tomorrow :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

eBay is a good place to start. Normally can get them a lot cheaper brand new with free shipping. Then just get Gerald’s to put them on.

the purchase is step #1, then you need to maintain them

at a place like Firestone you get free lifetime rotate and balance and road hazard

for me that’s paid off a few times

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by Blueskyguy

the purchase is step #1, then you need to maintain them

at a place like Firestone you get free lifetime rotate and balance and road hazard

for me that’s paid off a few times

Pioneer 197SF

Exactly. I like their lifetime services. I typically got the lifetime alignment as well and had it done every time I got an oil change. It pays for itself over and over again...

Instead of buying on the internet, I would rather “bundle” these services into a package deal through negotiating.

I just replaced a set of Uniroyals with 58,000 miles that still had half the tread left but, they were 6 years old and were starting to show micro cracks on the sidewalls. Rotate and balance to get the most out of them. The place I buy my tires does free lifetime bal/rotation and flat repair. I am in and out in 30 minutes or less.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?