best real time weather radar in chas

what do you use? looking for real time, not something updated every 5 or 10 minutes.

I use “Storm Radar” on my iPhone. I’ve used them all, and this one is the best IMO.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

I use “Storm Radar” on my iPhone. I’ve used them all, and this one is the best IMO.

Wadmalaw native

I still use this one, but after the recent upgrade, mine hasn’t been nearly as good as the old. Have you experienced the same?

Seems fine to me

Wadmalaw native

Radar Now

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Bonzos’ new back porch…I mean weather station.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

quote:
Originally posted by StumpNocker

Radar Now

What he said. Been using Radar now for several years. It's on about a 6 minute delay but it's nice and easy. One click and you have the radar, nothing else.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by StumpNocker

Radar Now

What he said. Been using Radar now for several years. It's on about a 6 minute delay but it's nice and easy. One click and you have the radar, nothing else.
So I spent the day thru alerts and storms checking out both, I prefer Radar Express. I will keep Radar Now though as an option.

Sorry about that, I should have warned it has alerts and whatnot… simple to turn them off though. I haven’t received a notification from Radar Now in years and forgot about that part.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Radar Now 10:40

Radar Express 10:40
More realistic IMO

My Radar Pro App ($2.99) is the best I have found or the free version with ads is good to give it a try before buying.

Take a look at Dark Sky. Not your typical weather app. It has radar, conditions, and forecasting of course. But it also takes your gps location, figures where the storm is and how fast it’s moving, and tells you it’s going to start drizzling at your location in 17 minutes, and heavy rain in 22 minutes that will last for 35 minutes. It’s scary accurate. It was $2.99 or $3.99. Anymore, it’s the one I use the most.

https://darksky.net/app

Dark Sky is the most accurate source of hyperlocal weather information. With down-to-the-minute forecasts, you’ll know exactly when the rain will start or stop, right where you’re standing. (It’s like magic.)