Best Shallow water Anchor - Manual

Looking for a shallow water anchor for my 16’ Xpress Tiller steer with a 40 yamaha.

Tons of options out there, dig in, stick it, stay put etc… all similar in design, seems to all be functional and somewhat similar price.

Is there anything you guys are using that you would reccomend? Its a camo boat so it needs to have a black or camo option as i use the boat for duck hunting during duck season.

Obviously power pole is somewhat out of the picture unless someone has really good things to say about the micro, but I dont see the justification if i can just stand up and place the pin down instead of pushing a button.

Thanks

My buddy has stayput on his SeaArk. We used it in December and it worked great. The mount was placed in the rear. The only problem was the pole rolling around in the boat. I designed and 3D printed a mounting system that solved that problem.

Mark Ingle
NauticStar 1810 Merc 90

quote:
Originally posted by JumpNCobia

My buddy has stayput on his SeaArk. We used it in December and it worked great. The mount was placed in the rear. The only problem was the pole rolling around in the boat. I designed and 3D printed a mounting system that solved that problem.

Mark Ingle
NauticStar 1810 Merc 90

Noted, I liked that one too.

Thanks!

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

I have a 10 foot stick it pole and it works great. Will always hold the boat (17 foot center console) even if there is lots of wind or tide. I don’t have a fancy mount or anything, I just stick it at least 3 feet down in the mud and tie it off to a cleat. Honestly it’s worth every penny.

17’ Mako

I’ve got the Stayput w/ super handle and transom mount I use on a 20ft cc. I’ve yet to install the mount for the simple reason I rarely stake out transom first while fishing and prefer to simply rope off one of my cleats controlling the orientation of the boat and use my gunwale rod holders to stow while not using. If the bottom is mud it will hold me tight in all kinds of wind and current, but compact sand is a challenge. I also liked that the Stayput has a semi blunt end and not a metal point. The hook on the handle is useful too…dock hook, push pole, etc .

quote:
Originally posted by Screamingdrag

I have a 10 foot stick it pole and it works great. Will always hold the boat (17 foot center console) even if there is lots of wind or tide. I don’t have a fancy mount or anything, I just stick it at least 3 feet down in the mud and tie it off to a cleat. Honestly it’s worth every penny.

17’ Mako

I think that is my best bet also, dont want to drill in to boat and i think the motor mount is a bit excessive for 200$ when I Could just tie the pole off to a cleat

Thanks for the input guys

Titan Fiberglass…Sponsor on this site. I have had 2 for 3 years. Local and fairly priced.

“Ships and Sailors Rot in Port”- Admiral Nelson

http://www.titanfiberglass.com/products.html

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

Cajun anchors are good also.
I have 2 six footers. This work well in soft bottom up to 8’ deep and I’m anchoring a 21’ boat.

Check out their website.

U can also make your own using galvanized ground rods.

A DIY version of all of these is to simply use a 3/8 ground rod, drill a hole in one end, place a shackle through the hole and tie on 20’ of braided line and you’re thre. Cost about $8…I use 2…one is eight foot and one is six foot… my 2200 Pathfinder holds well with these

Fishing is a prefectible art…in which nevertheless, no man is perfect – Gifford Pinchot

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><

quote:
Originally posted by Limitout

A DIY version of all of these is to simply use a 3/8 ground rod, drill a hole in one end, place a shackle through the hole and tie on 20’ of braided line and you’re thre. Cost about $8…I use 2…one is eight foot and one is six foot… my 2200 Pathfinder holds well with these

Fishing is a prefectible art…in which nevertheless, no man is perfect – Gifford Pinchot

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”

&lt;'}}}&gt;&lt;

This^^^ and can split a short piece of pool noodle to slip around em’ to protect the boat and minimize rattle.

also, it’s easier to grind a small flat spot on each side of the rod before drilling or hammer it flat if no grinder

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

I have two of these !! Best one in my book !!
https://www.stickitanchorpins.com/

I use two one piece 10 ft. Stick-it poles. I don’t use brackets. I have 15 ft. dock lines on each, and they work well in shallow water on my old 21ft. boat. You can use 4 hose clamps to connect the pointy ends, with a 2 ft. overlap, to make a poor man’s push pole.

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker