Best way to cook mullet?

quote:
Originally posted by WallyB

Mine aren’t doing good. Put them in pots since the rabbits or something ate them last year. Think it is the potting soil I used.

I have mine in pots and they are bullet proof. Bring them indoors in the winter and continue to fruit. Hell even had some deer eat them to almost nothing when I accidentally left them in the yard overnight and they came right back. I have also seeded second and third generation plants off of the first two that were given to me by my moms Minorcan friend from St Augustine.

We bought one of those plants in St. Augustine once. They are surprisingly spicy little things, but great flavor.

As to the original post, my favorite way to prepare mullet is to cut it into small pieces, leave the scales on. Then put it on a hook and use it to catch a redfish.

Fresh and butterfly the mullet. Dry rub and smoke . Makes great fish dip.

big dog

Where I come from we call that BAIT…

quote:
Where I come from we call that BAIT..

What he said :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by WallyB

When you wake up Sunday Morning with the worst hang over you’ve had since last Sunday morning. You don’t have any money because you spent it all on the semi-beautiful lady from Ohio. However, she left with that long-haired hippie dude that can play guitar.

If you’ll be my dixie chicken, I’ll be your Tennessee lamb!

BG

Same way you cook Shad. Stuff the Mullet with horse ****. Bake 350 degrees for 45 min. Remove from oven. Throw the Mullet away and eat the horse ****.

[/quote]

Down in the Caribbean, particularly in the southern Caribe, fried flying fish sandwiches are sold out of the street carts as well. Doused with some homemade orange scotch bonnet hot sauce, they’re awesome.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau
[/quote]

We had flying fish cutters in Barbados, and they are really good…

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations,neither are you here to live up to mine” Peter Tosh - I Am That I Am