Better Late Than Never?

Running a little behind, letting it warm up a tad…

Tough conditions can make for tough fishing… faded the chill and as the sun warmed up around 10 the incoming came alive. All on the bottom with shrimp. Clear to 1.5ft or so, 52-54 coldest toward harbor. Ended up with maybe a dozen over the rail. All 14-20"

Everybody has a butthole and everyone has an opinion.

Mostly they both stink, not much sense arguing that, huh?

So anyway, my opinion is that was a awesome report and pics, thanks for those, much enjoyed.

Also, its my opinipn that if you snelled those longer shanked circles so that when the line comes tight it would “button up” better youd like it mo-bedda.

After tying ensure your leader exits the eye on the same side of the hook as the barb, that makes the point the leading edge when the line comes tight

Again, just my opinion and thanks again for the pics, im jonesing to feel one pull.

That st croix rod is sweet too

Never tried the snell, I’ll give it try and let you know how it goes. I was trying to show the scale that got traded for the shrimp. Also, notice I’ll squish the barb when I’m cetching a lot of dinks, makes for faster quicker easier hook removal, pro-tip right back

My bobber rigs are the spinfishers, they didnt get any action today

3 Likes

What kind of depth finder is that?
The super sixty has come a long way!
I just figured out what I want for Christmas.
TIA

My buddys Simrad GO9, west marine will run a big sale soon if they arent already

Nicely done. Today was a good day for fishing. Around 930am i landed 2 18+ inch trout and a 24" red. Went back to the same spot at 2pm and landed 4 more 21"-26" reds and an 18 incher. Fishing from shore can be tough a lot of times, but today was a good day.

3" white NLBN paddle tail was the ticket today. Didnt want anything else in my bag.

1 Like

Outstanding! Thats tough to beat

1 Like

Definitely my best day in at least 4-6 weeks. Still great to get out there right?

1 Like

Deep holing in 33’ is going to require a warn 12,000 lb setup with 100’ of nylon braid so you won’t get too tired to fish with that bait.

Congrats on the fish and the bait. That is quite a picture you got on the Simrad. Works a lot better than the old circular flashers.

Nice report as usual. May get out this week to test handand tight lines