Big red in the Stono

My biggest red on artificial in the Stono. I took the wife out yesterday afternoon looking for eagles and happened to see some birds going crazy at the edge of the marsh. Well, I always carry a rod with me in the boat, so I snuck over and made one cast into a little creek no wider than 3’ or so and got hammered. 20 minutes later, the wife scooped him up in the net. I’m guessing 32"/33", something around there, but it was a hoss and healthy.

Pink mirrorlure suspending bait, but he would have hit anything thrown in his direction. I’m pretty sure. I’ll have to pull the eagle pictures off the big camera, but they are around this time of year now that the boat traffic has subdued.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Nice Fish!
But, you know we know that’s impossible.
There are no fish in the Stono.
Where’d you catch it? Had to be way up the Wando.
:smiley:

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Def by the 41 bridge

Nice!! congrats.

Sweet!! Nice to see a report!:smiley:

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward

I need to go looking for Eagles so I can catch me one of those monsters! Nice job. A 20 minuet fight inshore is pretty impressive!! Old Girl will live to breed a million more…

The weather was nicer yesterday and we went out again and again found the eagles in the same general area. Its so cool to see them in a place where I’ve been a thousand times and never noticed them before.

Took the rod again, but nothing!

I love that beautiful bronze color that seems to deepen in the fall.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Catch some in the upper ACE basin and you will really see some Bronze. Summer or winter, I’m guessing all that tannic stained water darkens em up. I hadn’t put the boat in yet waiting on a couple of slow pokes, and made a couple casts off the dock at the landing to the Asheepoo off 17. Only a 14", but fantastically beautiful.

Those Eagles are beautiful!! They have taken aprox. 40 Guinee’s so far this year, but they gottal eat. I’ll never shoot one of those, they can eat all they want. Been a bit, but used to see them in the land fills, we all liked them because they ran off the sea gulls.

My in laws have a pair that frequent their dock off Whale Branch. They love “table scrapes” IE filleted fish remains.

I gots a family of eagles comes around checking my chickens. The parents and a fledge. They whistle to each other.

I cleaned a deer last year at the community dock and just the parents showed up.

They took the lungs and guts…the crabs was smiling cause the liver busted up when they grabbed it.

Fred…you gots some dumb Guinee Hens…40 in a year??? They lots smarter than a chicken…my chickens haul ass for the pen when any predator shows up…vultures fly over…they gone.

You need to have a talk.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Nice catch in the Stono and great eagle pics!!

Now that’s what I’m talking about, thanks for some good pics. I’ve seen more Eagles the last few years than I ever have.:+1:

Can’t believe PP hasn’t commented on that scruff you got going on there… :smiley:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!