Big trout!

Smashed a mullet in the Cooper! 23.5

Been off the water for several months. Good to get back out there. Lot of trout, flounder and cats. No reds. Great day! Had a hard time keeping bait on the hook!

Now that’s what I’m talking about! Good to see you posting again Fly… and what a way to come back! I heard the finger mullet where readily available again… were you in Bushy? Which tide were you fishing?

Man, that is a hog! Nice catch!

1 Like

Yeah we were fishing out of bushy. Caught him on the first hour of the flood tide. Everything stood still at the slack tide, then this hog took us for a ride! Great day to get back on the water. I hope to get out once a week this summer. 3 year old is ready to fish!

I seen this nice house boat the last few times I was out fishing at bushy.Any one know who owns it?Maybe I’ll see you out there fly and learn something about catching them big trouts. I don’t think I’ve ever caught one that big.

:rofl: Sman I couldn’t tell ya how to fish bushy Park. I don’t go there often, I usually save it for choppy days. That fish was 90% luck and 10% skill. We were catching everything on shrimp and mullet with a popping cork. Didn’t seem to matter where we threw it. Center creek, edge. Fish were hungry that day!