Bird poop

A ■■■■■ of white birds have taken up residence on my dock. The result is a TON of bird poop all over the hand rails, ramp, floater just about the whole place. I purchased a plastic owl and mounted it to the rail but it only worked for about a day. I don’t want tp kill them, unless I have to. Any suggestions on a humane method to make them leave?

Thanks

nope

quote:
Originally posted by tanksgt

I don’t want tp kill them

uhhh the feds don’t want you to kill them either…

“dory poles” aka pennants/flags may help?

We’ve got the same problem at work, just they’re turkey vultures. Company spent tons of money on speaker systems and sirens.
Are these birds roosting there at night?
A co-worker brought a drone in, and that seemed to scare them off. But, you have to do it when they start roosting, they fly off and roost somewhere else. You’ll have to do it for a couple of weeks. Till, they get in the habit of going elsewhere.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

I’ve seen folks put up posts and string heavy mono line to make it harder for them to land. Is that possible?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thanks, I had not thought about the mono filament. I have ordered plans for a “whirligig” that makes sound and movement and I just happened to have some old mono I will string up this afternoon!
I will let ya’ll know what works best.

Thanks again

ZX

Don’t pull a Peapod and use white braid. The birds will see it.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I’ve seen folks put up posts and string heavy mono line to make it harder for them to land. Is that possible?

X2. We use that on the dock and it works. Maybe hang some old CDs with mono so the wind will have motion to keep them away.

I install the fishing line on clients docks all the time- I install a SST eye lag in the middle of the handrail every 50’ and thread 200 lb mono through it, pull it tight enough to “sing”. Needs to be about 3"-4" above the handrail.
It will have to be re-tightened over time.

Get a dog

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Fritz, I had to install fishing line over my deck rails to keep my dog from walking them on my two story deck, He would jump up on the rail and walk to the end and jump down into the jasmen and off onto the ground! I’ll try to post pictures!

Hang a dead chicken upside down in the air… must be whole with feathers. They will leave

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Those plastic owls don’t work as good as the real ones.

It ain’t no mystery…this beer’s history!