Birds Feeding in Wando

Went out fishing this past Sunday and saw a bunch of white birds hanging together and scooping the surface of the water. This was right at the opening of Fosters Creek, depths 3-10 foot. We motored over to the birds to see if there were fish underneath, but the birds just moved 100 feet and carried on. Followed them for a bit, but nothing on the sonar and no evidence of fish so we moved on.

Again this morning, I get a text from my buddy saying he’s seeing the same thing on the Wando. Big old distrubance on the river and a ■■■■■ of birds hovering over the top.

Anybody have any idea what’s going on here?

Probably glass minnows

Baby mullet schools. They are all over and are micro size. Small like guppy size.

time to throw a z-man shrooms head 1/6 oz or 1/10 oz and a 2.5 z-man paddle tail . (mood ring my prefered color). I use a 6 foot ultra light rod with 6 Lb braid 8 lb floro.

Fished ((((((( SLOW))))))))

that said dont start casting in the middle of the river.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

Saw the same thing a little closer to the 526 bridge over the Wando last Monday. Looked like they were targeting glass minnows. A little too close to the channel to throw a jig head but it’s good to see the bait starting to fill in.

Hope we don’t get a serious sudden freeze… Temps have been amazing for winter but I’m a little on edge about one last hello from the winter witch.

quote:
Originally posted by awood0705

Hope we don’t get a serious sudden freeze… Temps have been amazing for winter but I’m a little on edge about one last hello from the winter witch.

I’m worried about my fruit trees but I don’t think it’ll get cold enough to hurt the fish.

harbor temp is in the mid 50s…fish will be fine…fruit trees, and my hydrangea that are leafing, might be another story…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

True, I’ve got quite a few perennials that are thinking its full on spring. We’ve had an incredibly light winter.

agreed…the way the ducks and geese are acting in my pond this morning you’d think Spring was here already…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org