Black Sea Bass Rebuilding Plan Explanation

This blog best explains what has transpired over the years with Black Sea Bass managment and where it stands currently.

http://thesunnews.typepad.com/opinionblog/2012/09/insider-fishing-knowledge.html

Here is the article the blog mentions.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/09/27/v-print/3083642/editorial-fishing-for-the-truth.html

Thank You to Tom Swatzel for writing this, he is a (SAFMC) South Atlantic Fisheries Managment Council member, an advocate for the fishing community and a good friend!

Easy fix. Governor Haley makes the state limit within 3 miles something sensible. 10 fish, with a 4 month closed season. DNR basically writes 5 dollar tickets to anyone they have to fine in federal waters. This problem could be over tomorrow. How do you you think these states that have marijuana laws that conflict with federal laws get by…?

[quote]Originally posted by Redstripe

Easy fix. Governor Haley makes the state limit within 3 miles something sensible. 10 fish, with a 4 month closed season. DNR basically writes 5 dollar tickets to anyone they have to fine in federal waters. This problem could be over tomorrow. How do you you think these states that have marijuana laws that conflict with federal laws get by…?
[/quote

wouldnt the coasties get involved if the state turned a blind eye

fish today work tomorrow

Yes the coast guard has enforcement of federal fisheires laws as one of their responsibilities. they focus most on HMS species and the EEZ

Help me understand…did I just read that the SAFMC really doesn’t have a clue so they just set rules anyway?

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 17 year old
1 - 13 year old
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Yeah…You would be SOL in the rare instance the coasties boarded you. Of course anyone that cant spot a cutter from enough distance to release their catch would deserve a ticket. The biggest thing this would do would bring it to the forefornt, and possibly bring some attention to the way we are getting screwed. Can you imagine the headlines if the Coasties were worrying about a few sea bass rather than terrorists, or drug smugglers?? I think this would put the feds in a now win situation.