Blinded By The Light

And no this isn’t Manfred Manns Earth Band’s greatest hit… this is Saturday morning at Remeley’s…

Let’s tighten up a little y’all!:face_with_head_bandage:

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Trifecta

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

My biggest pet peeve at the boat ramp.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

They probably have only used the automatic headlight function and have no clue that you can actually cut them off and be courteous to others.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

They probably have only used the automatic headlight function and have no clue that you can actually cut them off and be courteous to others.

One thing is clear. They definitely “have no clue.”

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

Just terrible.

I know I’ve forgotten to turn mine off before and had to be reminded, but there’s no way they all backed down at once… at least one of them had to catch hell backing down. And it’s not like you have to be an RBF to say “hey, would you mind cutting your headlights off” LOL … this isn’t that difficult

Fishing Nerd

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

One more than one occasion I’ve had guys tell me “They don’t turn off & stay on all the time. There’s nothing I can do about it.” If I call BS, they get pizzed off.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

I heard that some creekers had to take care of business Saturday morning.Did y’all watch the Warriors every Friday night before you went out like my boys? I don’t think they’ll leave their lights on next week.

There’s a deal going on there, they don’t want to be seen.

I will tell you that the newer vehicles with LED DRL(my Tundra has this) are unable to be turned off. You have to turn the truck off completely to not blind others, which I do cut mine off if I launch in the dark. But not being able to turn off your headlights is absolutely false. Just reminded a guy the other day, “hey bud, you may want to cut your headlights off when backed down” and he turned them off without a response.

Capt. Jeremiah
Southern Slam Fishing Charters

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

I have a 1999 GMC Sierra that I bought brand new and have never been able to cut the headlights off while it is running. Maybe something has been wrong with it from the start, but there is no position on the switch that cuts them off in the dark. I’ve had a few interesting conversations about it at ramps where I’ve been told to “just put it on off”…yeah well no, it doesn’t do that. Not saying that it doesn’t bother others sometimes, but if you can’t, you can’t. Anyway, it’s a couple hundred away from tripping 200,000 and I’m ready for a new one anyway!

if you look online- somewhere will be a sequence you can follow to turn off the auto feature-ALL vehicles can have the auto feature disabled, auto lights, daytime running lights,auto locking doors, auto un-locking doors , seat belt alarm, door alarm, etc. All can be bypassed somehow.

quote:
Originally posted by Dockman

if you look online- somewhere will be a sequence you can follow to turn off the auto feature-ALL vehicles can have the auto feature disabled, auto lights, daytime running lights,auto locking doors, auto un-locking doors , seat belt alarm, door alarm, etc. All can be bypassed somehow.

I agree and if there was no way to cut off the lights you can buy these new things called wire and switches. I will check into this when I get a new truck,sometime you just gotta turn down a dirt road and haul a$$ ,if you know what I mean.:smiley:
quote:
Originally posted by banderson212121

I have a 1999 GMC Sierra that I bought brand new and have never been able to cut the headlights off while it is running. Maybe something has been wrong with it from the start, but there is no position on the switch that cuts them off in the dark. I’ve had a few interesting conversations about it at ramps where I’ve been told to “just put it on off”…yeah well no, it doesn’t do that. Not saying that it doesn’t bother others sometimes, but if you can’t, you can’t. Anyway, it’s a couple hundred away from tripping 200,000 and I’m ready for a new one anyway!

Try putting the parking brake on before cranking…used to work in an older Yukon I had.

Seah Hunt Ultra 234 Yamaha F250
Sea Pro 190CC Yamaha F150 (sold)

quote:
Originally posted by leetke
quote:

Try putting the parking brake on before cranking…used to work in an older Yukon I had.

Seah Hunt Ultra 234 Yamaha F250
Sea Pro 190CC Yamaha F150 (sold)

And you don’t have to engage it all the way on for this to work, usually it is just a click or 2 and it will allow the lights to be turned off, hope this helps!

Fishing Nerd

quote:

I assume your light switch looks something like the picture below, if so when it’s in the auto position like in the picture, twist it counter clockwise, it will spring back and turn off the headlights until you turn them back on or you restart the truck next.

I would also rig up a switch to cut off my brake lights when driving with no headlights on.haha I guess everyone didn’t grow up runnin liquor out of Hell Hole swamp.It ain’t rocket science,if you want to cut off headlights,it can be done. I wonder if weed’s auto electric is still open,they were good.

quote:
Originally posted by sman

I would also rig up a switch to cut off my brake lights when driving with no headlights on.haha I guess everyone didn’t grow up runnin liquor out of Hell Hole swamp.It ain’t rocket science,if you want to cut off headlights,it can be done. I wonder if weed’s auto electric is still open,they were good.

still doing auto electric out that shop but under different name
quote:
Originally posted by demasb
quote:

I assume your light switch looks something like the picture below, if so when it’s in the auto position like in the picture, twist it counter clockwise, it will spring back and turn off the headlights until you turn them back on or you restart the truck next.

Even with the headlights turned off, you get those daytime running lights staying on. If you push that little button lower left of headlight switch about 3 times in a row, it’ll turn off those daytime running lights until the next time you turn the truck off and back on.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Thanks, that’s nice to know!