Blood worm hatch

Good info here! Learning more here than 14 years in school.

quote:
Originally posted by barbawang

carl, see below. peapod, you’re gonna need to bring over a case of blue cans before i think about trying this (pic is huge so i didn’t link it):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Nereididae_in_Cuisine_of_Vietnam_2.JPG

rapchizzle and i have seen swarms of ladyfish going at them in the creeks, so we pulled up and messed with them till we were tired.

i once happened upon a “hatch” in the first week of may at the jetties (new moon) that resulted in an all-out blitz: as the current swept them over the rocks, there were bluefish and redfish (and who knows what else) in the wash going ballistic on them. didn’t matter that we threw rapala plugs and mackerel spoons that looked nothing like the worms, we caught blues up to 4lbs and a 32" red.

i have always heard that trout fishing is a good idea when the epitokes are out- in a google image search i found a few flies patterned on polychaetes for tarpon (called “palolo worms” in florida it seems):

I do recall that a few years back my friend. Blues and ladyfish if I remember. I think I tried throwing a flyrod at them but was unsuccesful.

Rap, are you even here anymore? I thought you were in the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands or someplace. Guiding, killing the fish and the single life, chasing free-range poontang?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Rap, are you even here anymore? I thought you were in the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands or someplace. Guiding, killing the fish and the single life, chasing free-range poontang?

St John USVI

Hot women, cold beer, cheap rum, lots of lobsters and big fish.

I’m living vicariously through your social media

They were all over the Washout when I was surfing Friday. Little Creepy.

pg2 for 5yr old thread

quote:
Originally posted by Rapchizzle

St John USVI

Hot women, cold beer, cheap rum, lots of lobsters and big fish.

hat you just a little, i caught a 10" weakfish this weekend