Boat advice needed

Hey guys,

I know that you all probably get questions like this all the time but bear with me.

Hopefully in the not too distant future I would like to buy a boat. I have had a boat before, but nothing over 20’. I would like to buy something that is capable of going to do some bottom fishing offshore, and every so often troll if the weather/conditions are right. My hope is to go ahead and narrow down a couple of options I may have before I need to make my decision so that I don’t jump the gun and buy something that I am not completely happy with.

Obviously budget is a huge factor. So basically I am pretty much going to try to buy something used with some newer 4-stroke outboards in order to get something that doesn’t break the bank.

I was first thinking about something around 24’-center console. What manufacturer would you be looking for if you were in my situation as far as the hull? About how much would you think this would cost given the boat doesn’t really come with anything else like electronics, or other accessories etc. I have no problem with going with an older hull in order to get a better bang for my buck. Obviously I do not want to just cut corners since safety is a must but I think you get my point.

Hopefully I am not being too vague. I really appreciate any advice or info you would be willing to share.

Thanks in advance!

23-25ft Center Console go bigger if you can.
Contender
Regulator
Blue Water
Pathfinder
Parker
McKee

Above are some of the more desirable older hulls.

What ever you decide on, remember to bounce its weight fully loaded to fish against the towing capacity of your vehicle.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

I would add Pursuit, Century, and the old Vector Hydra Sports to the above list. Anything with a good 20* deadrise or steeper. Which would rule out any of the old Sea Pro, Sea Hunt, or Sea Fox hulls.

There is also a nice Dusky 256 with twins on CL if you want a solid fishing boat without a lot of frills.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

CID
YOU NEED TO NARROW DOWN YOUR BUDGET FIRST, BEFORE YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT A BOAT
A 26 REGULATOR WITH TWIN 4 STROKE YAMAHAS IS HARD TO BEAT, BUT COSTS TWICE AS MUCH AS A PARKER

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org
IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

I really appreciate everyone’s advice. I’m on the search