Boat for Photoshoot

I haven’t posted on this forum since last summer/fall and I mostly only posted on the kayak fishing section, so I’m not new, but I might be new to a lot of you guys!

I’m trying to break out into the modeling world so that I can spread more awareness for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, which are both medical conditions that have no cure and very little treatment options. In order to build my portfolio I have been doing what are called Time For Print or TFP shoots. I have one photographer who would like to do a fishing themed shoot in which I am standing on a small weathered boat casting a net out while wearing boots, daisy dukes, a white wife beater tank top, and a baseball cap at sunset on Shem Creek. The shoot would take place this month. The photographer has been looking for a boat, but hasn’t had any luck so far. I told him that I would ask on here if anyone would be interested in letting us use their boat for the shoot.

On a side note: he may need an additional boat for himself to get all the right angles of the shot, but it doesn’t have to have any certain appearance.

Thanks,
Pinkfisher

Sarah, Give Allen a call. He just bought a small boat.

If two wrongs don’t make a right, try three.

Really? I will text him right now! Thanks! I can’t wait to get back out there with you guys. I keep looking at my kayak and thinking about all the good times I’ve had with her. :slight_smile:

I know the photographer probably has a very specific theme in mind, but the boat on the way out to Folly beach could make a really cool shot too. It’s got about 10,000 layers of paint on it and the textures can be really amazing. http://www.follyboat.com/

Either way, I’m sure that you won’t have too much trouble finding one of these guys on CF to provide a boat.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

He does have a different vision, but I can still see Folly Boat being used in a different photoshoot! Thanks!

Ask Penny to hook you up with her Daddy’s crab boat, it’s about the most weathered looking thing you could find :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

[quote]it’s about the most weathered looking thing you could find[/qutoe]

You’re still talking about the boat right?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

You don’t think I’d say that about Penny, do you [:0]

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Just checking, you do NOT want her on your wrong side. Look what she does to Roo.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

If the photographer is union and being paid, they need a licensed captain to carry them while they shoot. Models can be with anyone, from my understanding after the last shoot I was apart of.

Charleston Fishing’s most hated guide!
Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz from my understanding after the last shoot I was apart of.

You talking about the shoot where you posed for the city paper’s awards?

:smiley:

Skoal ad up on the lakes.

quote:
Just checking, you do NOT want her on your wrong side. Look what she does to Roo.

I’m sure of that ! Don’t want her on my wrong side, couldn’t have anyone better on my right side :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Queue the “Keep that Skoal baby” scene from Joe Dirt, LOL!

Penny’s dad might keel over with a model in daisy dukes on his boat! Just sayin

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
President, Summerville Saltwater Anglers

He can handle it, along with about anything else :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Queue the “Keep that Skoal baby” scene from Joe Dirt, LOL!

Here you go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG585GuAfCU

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Thank you, guys! Does anyone know of the best way to get in touch with Penny or her dad? We were hoping to shoot on May 14th if everything can be coordinated. He is working on a new portfolio, so he isn’t being commissioned or paid in anyway. He will have an assistant helping as well.

Sure, she is a regular poster here. This link will take you to a recent post she made and a few pictures of the boat. Just PM her through there. http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=145313

Keep in mind that I in no way know if they would want to, or are available, but maybe. Can’t hurt to ask :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

Thanks! I will send her a message right now!