Boat GPS

North Up…OR…Heading Up???

For navigating small creeks inshore I much prefer heading up. For me it’s easier to follow my trails in water I’m not all that familiar with.

Heading up. Otherwise, I’ll miss my turn:sunglasses:
Finally an easy question.

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

I’m a surveyor, so I prefer to have the north up if I’m zoomed out looking for general features on a big body of water or lake. Once I zoom in for contour details I usually switch to heading up, especially in the river and narrow creeks.

There's a reason I'm close to the top of the food chain. 18' LOUISIANA CUSTOM YAMAHA F50 '17 F-250

Man…What I wouldn’t do for a survey on my 4.65 acres in Awendaw. Been trying to get someone out here since the first of the year. I’ve talked to Five different surveyors and one said he couldnt, One said he might and would let me know. That was a month ago. The other two who said they could do not return texts or emails…

They wife and i cant build until we get the survey done. If anyone know a surveyor who could help it would be much appreciated.

It is a common problem right now. Everyone is busy, for some reason or other. I work for an engineering firm and we tend to do larger projects, but I still do private surveys for folks. The work load right now is forcing me to turn away smaller jobs that I would have loved to have last year.

I could come down and do it for you but you’d be paying for 4 hours of travel time from Cayce per day. You’ll be better off with someone local. Have you tried A. H. Schwacke over on James Island? I’ve known Kevin since before Hugo when I lived down there. He’s good people. Good luck!

There's a reason I'm close to the top of the food chain. 18' LOUISIANA CUSTOM YAMAHA F50 '17 F-250

Thanks, I’ll look him up. Very much appreciated.