Boat landings

I used to fish near the Atkins landing area with my dad this time of year when I was a kid and I know that landing is closed now so I was wondering if there was a good landing sort of close to that area coming up from charleston that would be OK to use at night. Thanks fellas

Use the Shriners Landing, puts you right into Pinopolis Cove down from Atkins.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I used it yesterday, the water is over two ft low, to the point where the floating dock is sitting in mudd. I almost didn’t make it out and was rubbing the bottom in some spots. Good luck

Looking for the big one

That’s the only drawback to the Shriners Landing.

On the subject of Atkins, I haven’t been up there in quite a while. What’s the word now that it’s closed? Is the whole place on the market for sale? Or is it just abandoned right now? Is the boat ramp blocked off?

I do not understand how water can be so low with all the rain we have had. It dropped 2.5 feet in a few days. I go out of the hatchery often and all of a sudden water is gone. I just don’t get it. Iam sure there is a reason I just don’t know it.

I noticed the water level change as well, going to have to take it slow motoring out of the landing I use near Cross, only had 1.5 to 2.0 ft under the boat when I went out Wednesday morning looking for Striper.

The floating dock at shriners was in the mudd, if that gives you any indication of how low the water was. It might be a little higher now with the rain we had, but I doubt it. We trolled for a few hours on x mas and caught a couple. Only one keeper.

Looking for the big one

Up to full pool today. All the rain in the up state has filled it up. They may have lowered anticipating this. Anyway it is at 75.6. Full pool is 75.5 according to the data I see.

Moultrie.uslakes.info is the website I use. May help before you go so you know what to expect

Thanks for the info Cutiger

I’ll be driving down from Rock Hill later this summer and want to take the Cooper down to Charleston for a couple of days. Any recommendations on a boat ramp where I could leave my truck and trailer for a couple of nights? I’m thinking Hatchery, but have no experience at this ramp. I’d prefer something on the west side of the lake. I have a 23’ CC with a 200 HP OB, it draws less than 2 ft. Thanks!

White Trash
Sea Fox 236
200HP Suzuki

Would definitely not leave my vehicle & trailer over night at the Hatchery, good chance it won’t be there when you come back for it or will be broken into. Launch at Black’s Fish Camp at the mouth of the Diversion Canal, $5 launch fee, lighted parking area. It will only add a couple of more miles to your run to the Locks and a whole lot safer for your vehicle & trailer.

quote:
Originally posted by stlhunr

Would definitely not leave my vehicle & trailer over night at the Hatchery, good chance it won’t be there when you come back for it or will be broken into. Launch at Black’s Fish Camp at the mouth of the Diversion Canal, $5 launch fee, lighted parking area. It will only add a couple of more miles to your run to the Locks and a whole lot safer for your vehicle & trailer.

Thanks stlhunr! I checked out Black’s website and it looks perfect! A place for the girls to use the restroom and we can grab a bite before we head south. I really appreciate the advice!

White Trash
Sea Fox 236
200HP Suzuki

That’s the best bet for sure.