Boat ramps open???

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Look at the wave forecast for the weekend………….im gonna need somewhere to launch a 26 footer…I promise not to give Covid to anything out near the ledge !!!

266 World Cat Twin 130 Honda

There’s a lot going on and I hope everyone is staying safe. We trailer down from Lexington and was hoping someone could fill me in on a few spots we could still use (and pay if needed). Prefer Edisto and north but happy for any information. I’ve been researching myself and getting mixed messages. For example (Edisto Marina is private… but also hear that Edisto isn’t allowing “guest” on the island without paperwork for a rental ect and now with the new order prob not even that). Again any help is appreciated. Like most here just trying to get out and fish some without causing problems.

Bobby T-

Same here!! Willing to pay to get my boat to the ledge!!

Unless you are a member of one of the many private boat landings in Charleston area or know someone who is you are out of luck for launching a boat. Unless you are a licensed saltwater commercial fishermen or charter boat permit holder or can demonstrate that you are engaged in some essential business that requires you to launch or retrieve the boat, examples would include; dredge crew, dock construction, power company line crew, mechanical repair person, etc.

Now that they have opened up the boat ramps, DNR says no more than two people in a boat unless they are from the same household. How is that going to pan out when and if we ever get to go offshore? Is that for all boats, large center consoles, even sporties? I can’t imagine it would be across the board.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

Guess they will have to hide till you reach the 3 mile

I was told Sol Legre boat ramp was open, anyone know for sure? Folly Beach ramp has been very crowded with vehicles and trailers parked along Folly Rd.

'18 Cobia 220 F200 '97 Car. Skiff 17'Suz DF60

I too would like to know if Sol Legare is back open, would like to use it Monday.

Thanks

The ramp is open. Nice new float and fishing pier. Parking is the same.

However, due to the nice fishing pier, some trailer parking is lost due to these people parking.

Beware that on an incoming tide, the pier fishermens lines go directly into the boat ramp launch area. When backing off the trailer, to avoid hitting and bumping your boat along the extended float, one has to back your boat towards the pier, which risks further entanglement. I got a prop full of braid Saturday.

Anyway, rant is over. I’m glad it is open.

'18 Cobia 220 F200 '97 Car. Skiff 17'Suz DF60

Thanks for the update.