Boating Charts

Anyone know where I can pickup a charts book similar to this one for Ace Basin waterways?

No fish in the ACE basin… stay away!

Sí, ees wut Señor Fred said. We have no feeshes. No need to come down hear! We have only toad-feeshes and eeels. Oh and we have some stingarays too. Eees very sad indeed.

Google “Blue water books and charts” and they will have you a new chart book by Tuesday. I agree with Fripp & Fred. No fish down here. And by all means avoid St. Helena sound! NO fish and the place is full of unmarked dangers. The sand bars are constantly moving and present a real danger of being stuck in your boat overnight.

1 Like

Skip the sound, go to Beaufort

Be careful during night time hours for boat drivers named Murdaugh

1 Like

Never mind. Dated material. Watch out for sandbars and wrecks. Very dangerous waters.

1 Like

1939!!f wow. any of y’all go to Google earth and use the function to go back in time? Crazy how our barrier Islands move, beaches change and creeks fill and reform.

1 Like

Whoops, hold on, my bad. This ones actually up to date. “52 - 5/26” ?

Old chart of my grandfathers

The ACE Basin and St. Helena sound is a fishless desert. The water is smelly and murky. The DNR is constantly patrolling. Yankees are always getting stuck in the cutoff. People there are mean.

There are many snakes, alligators and the thousands of dolphins will eat any fish that would happen to show up by accident from Port Royal sound.

Best to stay away.

Don’t go there.

Yacht of Coosaw speak many truths. Water much dirty, many weeds and dead marsh grass. Smells very bad of Yankee dog-faced pony soldier butt belches. Many snake of poison and crocodile that eat white man and indian alike with much frequency. Ravenous fish eating dolphin everywhere. Very bad place. Carp and gar jump in boat, knock out maiden with breasts. Ghosts too, near Island of Otters, will reach out of water and pull you in and drown you fast! Much bad Ju-Ju. Stay home, stay safe.
These words were told to me by Dances with Dolphins.

Many thanks!

Y’all want me to PM you my number so I can tow you when you run aground?

@Fred67 begged me to come over and tie up to the Fish Camp on 11th St. and put everything on his tab!

See y’all real soon!

You’re pretty funny Fripp,but not like a clown.Me and my pap did see a panther down there on one of the Williman islands where we had a hunting club.It was the one with the old railroad bed going through it.Also had a sturgeon jump in the boat one night on the way to the cabin island.AKA Old Combahee Island.

Jus’ pickin’. You got my number. If you get stuck in front of Banks Creek…I’ll call Fred for you.
I’ll wait at the landing with beer…

I got that chart book from Boaters World and I was sad to see them close up

That site tanks gave me is for 1 chart maybe they don’t make books anymore

Should have learnt how to navigate by the sun and stars I guess

all b.s aside… If I can find you and you are stuck … I’ll come and bring you a beer.

beer hell… we want a fried pork chop with a side of fried okra.

That’s mighty cool of you fellas.
There is still good people left in the world.

Bay, go to Maps Unique and email Chip about what you want.

Worth a shot…

Good Luck

NN

Thanks, I went on and ordered a chart book and a big wall chart from Paradise Cay Publications fyi it was NOAA 11521

Thanks to everyone!