Boca grande pass . Saturday update

Heading out Wednesday. want to fish the pass a day or two on each side of the full moon. Going to give Goliath grouper a shot also. After that don’t necessarily have any plans. Going to escape from work for at least two weeks. Anybody got any suggestions after we whip up on the tarpon ??

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Enjoy…

Played bumper boats in the pass before. Get out from the pack and roam the beaches

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Went there years ago during the “run”. Insane and have no interest in being in the middle of that again. That being said, we were down in Bokeelia (on the south side of the pass) last summer and fished inshore. The most fun we had was when we found HUGE schools of bait fish in the sound and fished for Spanish with spoons. It was almost non-stop action chasing the bait fish to catch the Spanish. All of the spots we had planned to fish in the northern end of the sound were badly effected by red tide so we were relegated to the south end. We saw hundreds of dead fish everyday, including enormous Goliath Grouper. It forced us to change our overall plans but we still had a good time. Check out Cayo Costa State Park. You can land at the back of the island and check out a relatively unspoiled beach.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

We were there for the red tide last year also something nice about that. We moved up to the skyway bridge. Got rained on three straight days turned around & went home. On the road this morning weather forecast don’t look so great this year either. But at least I’m not at work today

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Used to go there in the early 1960s.
Enjoyable tournament-nowhere near as many boats.
Like so many other sports,Tarpon fishing has been
promoted to the masses, and now is no fun.
Guess the tournament owners do OK though:)

16’ Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat
25hp Yammy 4 stroke

Jumped 3 landed 1

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.